PDA

View Full Version : Atv Fourplay Soft Bars !!!!! No Wrist Cramping!!!

hendershot106
03-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Recently i purchased a set of the ATV FOURPLAY SOFT BARS.

I was tired of the crappy stock or 1 1/8" bars on all my previous bikes so i tried the other suspension style bars last year.

However, with limited adjustability, lack of room for controls, seizing problems, and stiff initial motion of movement i was left wanting a LOT more out of my handlebars.

I contacted TOM at atv fourplay to discuss their SOFT BARS, and decided to try a set on my mx bike build.

The past 3-4 years i have had a problem with a recurring left wrist injury creating cramping and severe fatigue in my left hand/wrist.

After riding with the soft bars... I have noticed a severe reduction in cramping and fatigue in my injured wrist and any severe impacts with jump landings, trees, roots, stumps, ditches, etc. has little effect on my wrist now.

Before even with Flexx bars, after having broke my left wrist twice and sprained it many other times... even trying wrist braces and other things my grip on the clutch side was always a weak point in my riding.

NOT NOW!!!

As if the reduction in fatigue and cramping in my wrist are not sufficient enough reasons to purchase a set of SOFT BARS, they also come with the clamp system that bolts directly to the steering stem (saving me another 85-100 bucks), are infinitely adjustable stiffness and softness, are adjustable front back tilt, and also have enough bar mounting space to allow a rider to mount the stock start button headlight switch, handguards, and a full size pro design kill switch all on one side.

Bottoming out on harsh landings, cross ruts, deep atv ruts on xc tracks all have much less stress on my wrist now due to the ATV FOURPLAY SOFT BARS.

I will be definitely ordering a second set for my other bike.
I cant ride without those bars now lol...

In my opinion it makes as much of a difference in the way the bike feels a similar comparison would be the difference between stock suspension and aftermarket suspension such as fox, elka, axis, etc.

Thanks,

Dustin Hendershot

If anyone has any further questions contact me at 304 893 1916

nicker71
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm like you suffering from many wrist injuries over the years and I also have carpool tunnel in my right wrist. I have it all you name it I'm using it to help with my wrist. Flex bars, anti vibe flex bar inserts, ars/fx steering flag, houser anti vibe stem, ccp dampener, boyseen shock out grip system.

The boyseen shock out grip system worked well with the strains that would occur from jarring of the bars. But my biggest problem was my right hand would go numb and stay numb the entire time. I still haven't really found anything to cure my problem and I starting to think that maybe only surgery can fix it.

But I cant see how the soft bars really differ that much from flex bars?? Please explain the differences between the flex and the soft bars, because they look somewhat similar in design.

Thanks

nicker71
03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
The extra space if defiantly a plus

florentino
04-03-2010, 09:02 AM
all i know is that soft bars copied flex bars. and did you have the flex bars with the real soft piece? i have i broken wrist my self by i cant really tell day and nite. i also know that the regular fat bars help reduce the shock.

bmerriman12
04-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by florentino
all i know is that soft bars copied flex bars. and did you have the flex bars with the real soft piece? i have i broken wrist my self by i cant really tell day and nite. i also know that the regular fat bars help reduce the shock.

really? is that why atv four play soft bars have a better design and work ten times better than flexx bars?

blaster12s
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
^^^soft bars are totally difftrent and more thought out then flexx they mount directly to the stearing stem. there truely adjustable and night and day better.

florentino
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
^^^soft bars are totally difftrent and more thought out then flexx they mount directly to the stearing stem. there truely adjustable and night and day better.

i have never seen any riders in norcal with the soft bars and i know like 10 pros and 100 regular riders that race.
i will have to buy a set before i say any more. flexx bars where the ones with the idea and then some one came in a made it better. but they sure copied.

hendershot106
04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
i have never seen any riders in norcal with the soft bars and i know like 10 pros and 100 regular riders that race.
i will have to buy a set before i say any more. flexx bars where the ones with the idea and then some one came in a made it better. but they sure copied.

if you saw 100 pros and 100 riders racing a 300ex would you follow suit????

Just because what you know doesnt involve a product by no means does it justify bashing someones design and concept and product.

Grow UP. There is NO comparison between the two bar designs. the only similarity is the fact that the bars move. Damping design, bar mounting, clamp system, adjustability are all different.

Why do you feel the need to jack my thread?

Feel free to unsubscribe.:rolleyes:

florentino
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
if you saw 100 pros and 100 riders racing a 300ex would you follow suit????

Just because what you know doesnt involve a product by no means does it justify bashing someones design and concept and product.

Grow UP. There is NO comparison between the two bar designs. the only similarity is the fact that the bars move. Damping design, bar mounting, clamp system, adjustability are all different.

Why do you feel the need to jack my thread?

Feel free to unsubscribe.:rolleyes:

not bashing at all its just my 2 cents. i have flexx bars and i will look into it and i may buy a set of soft bars my self.
all i said was i have not seen them yet at the local races.
you are in a place where everyone has things to say.

hendershot106
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM

Thats a direct quote of yours. You say they are a copied design.

Everyone, everywhere, at any time benefits from COMPETING designs. NOT COPIED designs.

If that was the case we would all be riding a suzuki quad. just because they designed the first race quad..... omg....honda yamaha kawasaki all copied them!!!!!!!!!! Its a conspiracy!!!!!

Are you gonna say that dwt copied champion beadlocks???

What about tires??? Why we are discussing copies.... maxxis...hoosier...goldspeed all have similar front tires and rears.... ill bet hoosier and goldspeed just copied there design too...:rolleyes:

How about nerf bars??? Ill bet that ac, blingstar, pro armor, rath, all copied dg too.....

Anything more you want to add????

EVERYONE EVERYWHERE BENEFITS FROM A LITTLE COMPETITION.

Why do u think "new" models and items are continuously improving and being released.