PDA

View Full Version : head bolts

leviathan2244
03-31-2010, 04:21 AM
Hello. I have a 02 400ex with the 440 big bore kit in it Iv noticed that the head nut, the one right there where the spark plug goes keeps loosening up on me. Im not shure if its trying to pull the threads out or what but what should I do. Iv saw a bolt kit that is supposed to cure this on the 440. it says something about to much heat and it causes the threads to start pulling out. Has anyone experianced this???

PaRedneckRiders
03-31-2010, 04:45 AM
U mean one of the head studs right?
cant think off hand what your talking about
dont have a mental pic i will look at mine in a lil bit to make sure

But if its the head stud, how much compression are u running?

Pipeless416
03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
sounds like its the other end of the head stud thats actually coming loose. the same stud pulled on mine. it seemed like the nut was always loose, but in reality, the entire stud was just pulling out of the threads.

leviathan2244
04-06-2010, 07:54 AM
yea thats what Im afraid of that the stud is pulling out of the block but I read about the ones that you can get and as long as you didnt helicoil it they will work. Im not shure on the compression I would love to know myself . I bought it with the 440 kit already installed and its killing me not knowing lol. Is there any way to tell what compression you have by how many p.s.i. it holds????

PaRedneckRiders
04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
im not real sure if u can tell how much comp. your running other that a compresion checker
Thats just gona read in psi and im not sure how, or if u can convert that to see how much compression you have