PDA

View Full Version : Green wire mod?

atvmx_freak08
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, found an interesting video on youtube today. Green wire mod? Anyone heard of it or done it? Any info on what it does or if it has any negitive effects on the electronice of the quad? And does it work on the 04-05 models?

Here is the link to the video for anyone that hasn't heard of it or wants to try it and let me know how it works ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hegCMdruEYs

atv fan 28
03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
only works on 06 and up models.

Scro
03-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Unless you have replaced the stock cam, I wouldn't bother with it. It gives you an extra 1000 RPM, but the power in a stock motor starts to fall drastically at that point anyway. You are just putting more strain on your valvetrain and not gaining anything. Some people say it changes the timing curve, but I'm not convinced of that. It can't be done on the 04/05 models.

Wayner
03-31-2010, 11:12 AM
For the 04 - 05 models, just buy a new box. Will do the same thing as clipping the wire on the newer models; another 1000 rpm.

kenny450er
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
the green wire mod has been asked several times before i have an 06 but when i look at the wiring diagram one is for the fan and one go's to ground it just don't make sence to me

kenny450er
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kenny450er
the green wire mod has been asked several times before i have an 06 but when i look at the wiring diagram one is for the fan and one go's to ground it just don't make sence to me ok i watched the video wouldn't that be the green an white wire and if it is would i gain anything if i already put an aftermarket ingitoin control moduale on my quad.

airmobile101
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Unless you have replaced the stock cam, I wouldn't bother with it. It gives you an extra 1000 RPM, but the power in a stock motor starts to fall drastically at that point anyway. You are just putting more strain on your valvetrain and not gaining anything. Some people say it changes the timing curve, but I'm not convinced of that. It can't be done on the 04/05 models.
Yep, pissing in the wind with a stock cam.

Miguel1994
04-02-2010, 02:48 AM
This mod is only available for ER models KIck models are very different.

DnB_racing
04-02-2010, 10:37 PM
the green wire mod basicaly stops the capicitor from discharging by means of grounding and causing a rev limit by changing the spark output it doesnt change the timing curve at all. you need a progamable type or other aftermarket to change the timing curve and many after market cdi(capacitor discharge ignition) have a higher rev limit but you do need the green wire for it to work on those