PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Adventure World

Family Guy
03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Making our first trip there in two weeks. I have read all I can find on the place, and am looking to hear what everyone has to say that has been recently.

squadie
03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
I rode at CAW this past Saturday. I was pretty disappointed after hearing about it for the last few years. I ride a sport quad, and the ruts left by the utes were terrible. We spent more time riding the ridges of the ruts and lifting our quads out of the ruts than I ever want to again. Some ruts were so deep I'd think even typical utes would get stuck. They need to groom the trails if they want this to be a place for sport quads to ride too. And for $26.50 for a day of riding I was pretty unhappy. I will stick with Hatfield McCoy for long trips in the future.

Family Guy
04-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks Squadie,
It is a long drive to ride rutted up trails. We may need a quick change in plans to HM.

Family Guy
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Well we went ahead with plans to CAW this past weekend. Had a blast. Trails were in really good shape. Had definitely had some maintenance done recently. MX track left a lot to be desired for though. It was in rough shape. Definitely worth our 7.5 hour drive for a weekend of trail riding and a little MX time thrown in.

Pappy
04-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Spent the day there today. Other then dust (cant control it all) it was a blast! Going back at the owners request to spend a few days exploring the place even further!

HM is hard to beat if you are a trail hound. You could spend a month there and have fun every day!!!!