PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issue...need help?

curryd
03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I have a 04 450r. I have lost all the lights on the machine. It runs excellent. I thought maybe the ground, but that didn't help. I believe none of the rest of the electrical works either but the key does. The light on the dash doesn't work as well including the rear brake light. I need some info on where to start. Thanks in advance.

Baileygunns
03-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Did you check the fuses?

badquad
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
I have the same problem with an 05. I replaced the bulbs, light assembly, light harness, main wire harness, Light switch, regulator and that round cylinder thing that is on the head light assembly, can't remember the name at this time.

I have volts coming from the motor, and volts going to the switch, but still no power to anything.

Does the the 04/05 have fuses? I also heard the wiring that goes to the carb might affect power.

I know I did not solve your problem, but at least you know you are not alone. ha.

MR4Engine202
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
get a manual....a multi meter and start checking for power and resistance through a the wires that are in volved ....seems to me to be the handle bar switch tho

curryd
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I removed the handlebar controls. This didn't help the situation. I guess I will have to do some searching. Electrical parts are expensive though, especially when they aren't needed.