View Full Version : Reputable dealers n service/Mt Holly Powersports in NJ

CJM
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Anyone been to mt holly powersports? How is their service dept?

What about sport honda in metuchen??

I have only heard BAD things about the stavola owned monmouth cycles and it was confirmed when I tried to make 3 appts online and now I just called and was told i would get a callback in an hour and its been 4hrs. Then I found a review online about some guy who had 2 bikes stolen from them.

Really looking for some reputable service, doesnt have to be a dealer either. Im in Freehold NJ which is about 20 mins from Great Adventure. Willing to travel an hour or so too if the service is top notch.

03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Check out ocean county powersports they seem like awesome people in there. Or you can bring it down to trick racing in west creek nj. Ive heard Mt holly has Ridiculous prices service.

CJM
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Never heard of ocean county power sports, they are about a half hour from me and the site looks promising. Have they done you good?

trick sounds like a cool place-custom shop?

thanks

03-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Trick is awesome. The guy that owns it is super cool with everything and is always willing to help you out. He has one mechanic that does stuff and gets it done right the first time. and fast.

Give troy a call and get prices and a feel for the shop

609-597-5857

As for ocean county. I just buy some gas from there once in a wile. But they seem like super nice people. very friendly and very nice store.

CJM
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
tricks quite a distance dang it.. :(

I think ill try ocean county first just b/c its closer. I havent heard anything about mt holly being bad but I hate paying super inflated prices too.

before the dealer in freehold closed the tech said it would cost about 400 bucks to tune my carb, i gave up on tuning it myself cause ijust cant get it right.

Thanks

yellowzo3
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
I've always had great luck with Action Yamaha in Edison. Not sure if that's too far for you though. Cool guys in the shop too. It's an old little place. The Honda dealership 10 seconds up the road seems like more of a commercialized store though. I was in there a couple times and it felt like a car dealership... They didn't have what I needed any of the times I was in there either.

Action Yamaha if you want to travel to Edison... I can't comment on the Honda dealers service but you can give it a try if you're at Action... its literally 15 seconds up the road.

JIM GRACE
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
ocean county powersports has been there forever under a diff name
nice people, and they are a racing family as well.

shaungray89
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
scott the owner is awesome and so is everyone else at ocean county they sponsor my brother and take great care of us definatly go there there the best around!!!!!!

CJM
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will be calling to make an appt this week.

CJM
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Went to ocean county powersports honda and I cant say enough good about them.

Tony the service manager was a really nice guy and assured me he would call by tues/weds at the latest. Low and behold 20mins ago he called me, quads ready-carb was mucked up beyond belief and they rebuilt it.

Also on the way out of the service shop a friend I had taken with me noticed some near new take offs from the front of an EX/450R and we asked if we could have them. They are giving them to us today for FREE!

JIM GRACE
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
O C Powersports was one of the race sponsors this
weekend at atco Mx track for round one of the thunder series.

They have a sick wrapped enclosed trailer as well

bmxican345
04-06-2010, 12:19 PM
monmouth cycles really isnt that bad. you just need to catch them at the right time. i worked in the parts dept. for 2 years there and they have their system pretty soldi for dealing with online orders. however, especially during this busy season they have a strict policy about dealing with online customers that call to confirm orders and whatnot. basically how it goes is that if you are ordering online YOU are responsible for ordering the right parts etc... they will not help you pick them out because honestly they only make at most 5% on the parts they sell online and its really not a big deal to them if they lose one customer because there is always 10 more to replace him. my best advice for dealing with monmouth cycles (and from my experience working there) is to just take a ride to their store and hang out for a bit and catch the parts guys when they arent busy because they work alot better when they dont have 50 things to do, trust me. i'll be back there may 8th when i get back home from school so shoot me a PM if you need anything from there.

CJM
04-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Well considering I tried calling and making appts 3x and 2x online at monmouth I felt discouraged. I also know ricky stavola..nuff said there is you know him and you know what I mean by that. I was willing to give it a chance, but they just finally got back to me online (its been 3 weeks) and never returned any calls at all every time I called their service manager seemed to be busy or out..

OC Powersports so far has my vote, they did an excellent job,were very friendly and gave my friend some 80% tread OEM take offs for free. I cannot complain at all about the level of service they have, it was great. The service manager Tony was a really nice guy and threw in a few parts for nothing that I needed.

MJ2315
04-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Haha - those are my OEM take-offs! They just mounted my new rubber a few days ago. I used to work there for 4 years - they are good people.

Those tires are actually in decent shape and hold air. I gave them to donate - so your buddy can buy me some beers later! too funny...

bmxican345
04-07-2010, 11:22 AM
well honestly speaking just because you know ricky stavola doesnt necessarily mean speedy service. i cant tell you how many people come in saying they know ricky stavola and expecting special treatment... the man doesnt even give his own family a discount except for his two sons. and as far as the service manager goes they dont have one right now, the sales manager is currently running the service shop right now and until they find a dedicated service writer/manager it might get a little slow in that dept.

krt400ex
04-07-2010, 12:31 PM
i've dealt with hanover before. i find them to be great. i bought my 400ex from them and i was dealing with him when i was looking for the ktm. seems to be an honest dealer. i'd gve them a try. i've never dealt with the service department though

CJM
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MJ2315
Haha - those are my OEM take-offs! They just mounted my new rubber a few days ago. I used to work there for 4 years - they are good people.

Those tires are actually in decent shape and hold air. I gave them to donate - so your buddy can buy me some beers later! too funny...

Small world lol. My buddy was really happy about it since he just bought his used and the fronts are near bald.

And what I mean by knowing ricky isnt that I expected fast service-its the fact that I highly dislike him for reasons we wont get into. Even so, my one friend (who knows ricky as well) told me to run away, his bike was mysteriously stolen when he had it serviced there about a year back.. So im sorry to say that also influenced the decision.

I called, I emailed monmouth and got nowhere. I even went down there one day and was pretty much brushed off. I called OC and they told me to bring it right in, would have it done in 2 days and threw in some parts I needed (small stuff like nuts and bolts) and checked over the entire quad for 100 bucks and gave my friend the tires.

Not only that but the tony the service manager was SUPER friendly, willing to discuss stuff with me and even commented on how nice my 400 looked and about 400s and stuff.

I suppose everyone has had a bad dealing with various dealers/people. Just the way it worked out for me. I mean the honda dealer in freehold (a year ago) told me to tune the carb was gonna cost at least 3 hours labor and parts, sometimes they gotta do it over (more labor) and such-this coming from the service manager... They quoted me like 300 bucks?? Then they told me that I might need to come back for a final tune and more $$$$.

Im satisfied, and thats all that matters. Way it worked out and lets leave it at that.

04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
did you take your 400 there on a open trailer? I work across the street at progressive dimensions granite and marble and saw some 1 loading up a yellow 400 i think it was the other day .

CJM
04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
did you take your 400 there on a open trailer? I work across the street at progressive dimensions granite and marble and saw some 1 loading up a yellow 400 i think it was the other day .

Nah in a pickup, was a red one. Went down sat and picked up yesterday.