PDA

View Full Version : Tire Review: Kenda bearclaws

somewon
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

I wanted to give anyone interested in new tires a review of my new meats. I bought a set of 22X12X10 kenda bearclaws and mounted them on Douglas ultimate rims. this past sunday i went out and rode at milford lake in KS. for those of you that haven't ridden that spot there are areas of sand (chat) near the lake itself and rocks pretty much everywhere else. Due to all this wonderful rain we've been having the last week the trails were pretty tacky with some nice puddles thrown in.

my first impression of these tires when I got them was that they are way more agressive than the picture shows. The lugs are deep and closer spaced than shown in the pictures on RMATV. once I hit the trail I noticed these tires like higher wheel speeds, you can crawl with them, but 3rd gear through the trails is where they are at their best. These tires worked great, where the factory knobbies would just dig holes in the sand when I had to do an "emergency" turn and hill climb in the sand, these threw a nice roost and took me up like my paddles. The rocks were no problem at all, It climbed up everything i threw at them without any problems at all. rock ledges, gnarly roots, and log hops all seemed much easier than they were with my stock knobs.

I was worried that with IRS I was going to have a harder fight due to the increased traction and larger diameter, but the diffrence wasn't noticable to me. The only disadvantage I saw with these tires is they are a little on the heavy side, but what 6 ply tire isn't?

All in all, these tires did awesome, and I am definately using them for the heartland challenge this year.

-Adam

somewon
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/AbbyNix/photo3.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/AbbyNix/photo2.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/AbbyNix/photo.jpg

birdman7389
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Gnarly tire, for sure. I could see using them back east in nasty sloppy and wet places, not so much in the desert and rocks out west.

redneck2725
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Nice looking tire. I was thinking of the ITP Mudlite SPs for mine, but am not 100% sure yet

somewon
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
they did a good job when the trail got muddy, plus they cleaned out pretty quick too.

somewon
03-31-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't know birdman, Missouri has a rock here and there.... :D

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/AbbyNix/1121091606-01.jpg

Outlaw6;=-
04-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Hey redneck i had the mudlite sp and i sold them before the summer was up.I found them way to hard of a tire and didn't get the traction i was hoping i would get with them.

mountainmanscg
04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I run Bearclaws all the way around on my Scrambler 4x4 - they are a great, long lasting, all around tire - & yes, they like rocks too! Only drawback is as stated above, they are a heavy tire since the are a real 6-ply.

birdman7389
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
mmmm, I always wanted a scrambler done up like that....looks like tons of fun.

somewon
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Mountianman,

How do the fronts steer? I'm looking to put a set of these on my outlander as well and just kinda curious.

mountainmanscg
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
@birdman - it is loads of fun - not near as fast as the outlaw, but much more stable & great for some fast paced crusin'. i have now owned (3) scramblers & will always own one as long as i can help it. if you want to check them out, go over to www.gen3usa.com - great site for scramblers!

@somewon - never really noticed a problem with steering the fronts - but i do have a stabilizer on it.

FiveTwentyFive
04-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I had a set of Bearclaws on my Raptor and loved them and wish I had a set of them on my Outlaw.

johnyk39
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
I have a 525s and put bearclaws on it for the east mud holes I never get stuck as long as I get traction with the nobbies i would get stuck all the time .My friends with 4X4 are impreddes with what I can go through johnyk