PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Axles?

not2hi
03-30-2010, 08:53 AM
I found a place that sells Magnum axles as a replacement for the stock 400ex axle. I did a search here and found a few that had them, but nothing that indicated they were good or bad. Anyone have any experience with these?

here's the blurb from the site:

Nickle plated for that CHROME look! Machined from aircraft grade steel then heat treated for strength. Stronger and less expensive than stock, these axles are splined to fit OEM or equivalent hubs, sprocket and brake hardware. Simple low cost replacement axle. Honda TRX 400EX 99-09 $174.95

I'm not really interested in the big names due to cost and they are all wider than stock, so this seems like a good alternative to buying a used stock axle.

DEVINF450R
03-30-2010, 09:06 AM
if G-Force makes an axle for the 400ex it is adjustable and you can run stock width or a few other widths that are slightly wider than stock. but the g-force was a pretty good axle when I had one on my LTR...

not2hi
03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
according to RM, the minimum width for the 400ex G-Force axle is 2-5/8" over stock - tho for some bikes it does go to stock or even narrower.