PDA

View Full Version : Idle Problems

BKLEM
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I recently got an exhaust, so i re jetted it. I got the main changed and everything but when i started it again it doesn't idle back down. I adjusted the Idle screw but it doesn't do anything, and i can see it screwing in and out of the carb. Is this related to my jets or what is wrong.

NacsMXer
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Are you saying that the idle "hangs" after you rev it?

If so, you will need to turn out the pilot screw on the very bottom of the carb. This will richen the idle mixture. You will have to rotate the carb to get to it. First turn the screw in until it lightly seats while counting the exact number of rotations to seat it. Then turn it back out to where it was to begin with. Now turn it out in 1/2 turn increments until the idle stops hanging. Make sure your idle screw is turned down to near normal before you do this.

If the screw is about 3 turns or more out from seated, you need to go to the next size up on the pilot jet.

BKLEM
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
its not that it hangs after i rev it, its that it will just rev itself up, i dont hit the gas or anything and it will just stay as if i am just pinning the gas. it runs great through all the gears but as soon as i pull the clutch or let it set in neutral its just as if im revving it full out.