PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got It DONE!!!

nate450x
03-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, just thought i would post a couple pics of my quad and toy hauler!! I just got everything together last week and my first race is Friday!! Can't wait!!!

nate450x
03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Sorry, i am new to this picture deal I am trying to get more!!

mebcop
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
looking good!

nate450x
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
More Pics!!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Nate450X/101_4501.jpg

This is the toy hauler: 1980 chevy 396 Big Block
Great Gas Saver!!!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Nate450X/101_4502.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Nate450X/101_4505.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Nate450X/101_4496.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Nate450X/101_4495.jpg

LTMFB
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
nice...is that a full motoworks system?

What type of graphics are they....they look nice

nate450x
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys and yes, that is the full system. I also have a couple small things like a K&N and a Motoworks programmer. Other than that the motor is stock but boy did the MX setup really help my handling. I can't wait to race this friday, it's my first race ever and I am very excited!! I have rode quite a bit on my buddies tracks but racing is very new to me.

Maybe I will post some pics. after the race and I will be sure to let you know how the CAN-AM did since I have the only one in my class. Oh, and I almost forgot the graphics are from BCS Performance and I love them. They are very thick and I want to just say thanks to Donald for all the help and support this year!! I also got a chain guide, carrier and frame reinforcement kit from BCS. Everything fit great and I still have a few things on my list before the season is over.

hondaracer_34
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice DS man, where at in OH are you?

LTMFB
03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
well, well done my man! Hope you fair well in your 1st race and put the DS up front and have a great time...

Great looking bike!!

nate450x
04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Hodaracer I live in central Ohio around the Mt. Vernon area. I live the small town of Danville where abouts are you from?

Now for the good news!!! Had my first race last night and what a turn out it was. The race was at Malvern in East NE Ohio and I can not believe how many people showed up!! There was over 500 riders there last night and it was a long one. I had 19 riders in my class so they split us into two groups.

Racing started at 7:00pm and I didnt race my first moto until 12:30. My biggest worry was the start but I suprised myself and had a solid 4th around the first corner!! It was a 4 lap moto and there was 10 in my group. By the first lap I had passed 3rd and gaining on 2nd. Half way through lap two I had 2nd and had my sights set on 1st. As we were crossing the flag stand I saw my first ever race come to an abrupt hault. We had been red flaged!! So we had to start all over.

My second start was terrible! I got out of the gate great but as soon as i went to shift into third NUETRAL!! So by the time I figured out what had happend I was in last place!! I passed 3 guys by the 4th jump and at the end of the second I was in 4th place and hot on the heels of 3rd. I had three corners left until the finish when I made my move and I was successful!! 3rd place was mine!!

Second moto start was much better even though it didnt get started until 5:00AM!!!! I had another decent holeshot in 4th and ended up 2nd in moto 2 and 2nd overall!!

I would say I was very suprised with my performance but that would be an understatement!! I also wanted to point out that I was the only one there on a CAN-AM and boy was I proud of it!!

LTMFB
04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
well done man! Sounds like you had a great time and made a great showing! As long as you're impressed w/your bike you'll do better next time..That is awesome!

Sucks you hit a neutral though...do you have the clutch update?

Again, glad it went well for you..any pics?

nate450x
04-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey thanks alot!!! And sorry no pics yet our camera wasn't working right and we really are not sure if it took any worth posting!!!

And yes I have the upgrade but I have read on here that there is an update on the shift paw and drum so if it keeps happening I will try that!!

Also I forgot to mention Upperman showed up to run the money Quad and 450 class and boy was he impressive. I have not had the chance to go and watch the pros so that was a new experience for me.

Next race is this coming weekend so I hope to do as well as I did or even better!!!

Thanks again for all the support and by the way LTMFB how is your MX build coming?

LTMFB
04-04-2010, 08:12 AM
slow....LOL, been doing HoneyDo projects for the last 2 weeks. Managed to steal some time to get the pipe, ecm installed but not quite the MX kit.

Can't wait to get to it though, should prove to be a learning experience and new **** for your bike is ALWAYS fun...

hondaracer_34
04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
nate450x im from Butler, IN. I've been looking for racers in OH to race with. How are the race series in your area? Good job on your races man, hitting neutral sucks lol

nate450x
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks bud and yeah this is my first year doing this but so far the series is great. We have races almost every weekend and usually at several tracks. If you want to take a look at the series and tracks check out the website: http://www.racecra.org/

I am going to a race this Sunday at a track called Lightning! If you are interested let me know or if you want some more info just give me a call. My number is 740-507-5913 I almost always have it on but if I dont answer just leave me a message I will get back with you!

LTMFB: LOL trust me I know how it is I am married with two kids and sometimes it is hard to find time!! It took me over three months to get mine done and I had the parts the whole time. And yes the MX kit is an awesome way to get to know your quad and how to work on it!!! Also you can give me a call any time you need help with it so feel free!!

Thanks again guys and have a good one!!

P.S. I will DEF. have pics afer this race!!!