PDA

View Full Version : group ride NJ

bakerboyz
11-26-2001, 07:03 PM
Anyone interested in a New Jersy group ride on the same Date as the KY ride?

Know any good spots in North Jersey?

My area might be too muddy in late March.

400exRacerX
11-26-2001, 07:12 PM
I'm in for a group trail ride or even better a mx ride, but trails will do, I am located in Morris County. We have this huge sand pit by me and it has tons of jumps and trails.

bakerboyz
11-26-2001, 07:25 PM
Sounds great

all njexriders should hold that date.

ps. how's the parking near the track?

kc 300EX
11-26-2001, 07:47 PM
thats not near Ringwood is it?

400exRacerX
11-26-2001, 07:47 PM
Thats the problem there is know parking and it is owned by the water shed but the water shed doesn't know about it, I just park at my friends house and go in. I never really thought about parking, but I'll think of other places if alot of people are going to come.

MikeL250X
11-26-2001, 08:15 PM
I'm in, as soon as my bill of sale gets here I can finally register my trailer and be able to bring the quad around!! whoo hoo! I know a place by the meadowlands with ample parking, not the most challenging or varied terrain though.

11-26-2001, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a good plan, but if your riding area does not have that much parking and is probably illegal to ride in like the rest of NJ we should just go to Chattsworth. Its a pretty nice track and they got some trails to ride too,plus its legal. Just an idea cuz i know that down by where i live in south jerz the cops will take your quad AND give you tickets if they catch you ridin.

Peace

quadfamily
11-26-2001, 08:54 PM
Hey EXtremeEX,
Have you ever ridden at what's called the "old Woodbine Dump" in South Jersey. Very awesome place to ride. It's a huge sand pit with alot of trails that will take you all the way to Cape May Court House if you know the way. There's plenty of parking and the cops never bother anybody there. There's also "100' hill" down there somewhere and a few other really nice sand pits even some with lakes and a couple of dirt pits all in (quad) riding distance of each other. I'm in if we can get a bunch of NJ riders to agree on a spot. Oh yeah, there's also " Country Lakes" just off of Route 70 near the Red Line Circle. There's a sand pit there and a whole lot of trails.

beerock
11-26-2001, 10:32 PM
heh I live in ringwood, I wont ride my quad up here anymore, to many damn rocks.

I ride my quad down the shore in manahwkin (pine barens)
If you guys want to set up some sort of riding, I would recomend down the shore. I know a really big track in manahwkin and tons of trails to ride on, if you guys want.

lets make it manahawkin!!! we can all leave by my house down the shore, so we wont have to worry about cops waiting.

who knows, Im in either way.

James70214
11-27-2001, 08:27 AM
Hi
I live in Sussex county. I would definitelybe in. We have a pretty good place to ride here. I t has a sand pit and lots of trails. Not many rocks at all. Some good jumps to. There is plenty of parking behind Sussex Motor sports. They sell Yamaha And Suzuki. Let me know.
James

MikeL250X
11-27-2001, 08:50 AM
beerock: does anyone still ride up in Mahwah by the crossroads? a friend said it was cool, but someone died there this spring I think and the cops got all pissed, I don't know if they've backed off or not, I'd like to ride in that area...

beerock
11-27-2001, 11:14 AM
HA MikeL250X, the crossroads sux unless you want to slash your tires up on the sharp rocks. that place is really small, and with alot of people, IS DANGEROUS.

Forget about a ride at the crossroads, that place sux.

How did someone die up there?? collision?
how old/ young were they.

anywho...........

I think everyone would have A really good time down in manahwkin(exit 63 on the pkwy)

If anyone wants to plan a ride soon LET ME KNOW.
im always down for riding(I ride by myself every weekend if no one rides with me anyhow)

last weekend it rained down there so the dust is minimal for about 1-2 weeks.

If anyone wants to set something up in 2 weeks let me know.
that would be december 8th ,the 9th as a rain date(I hate riding in rain all day)

this hill is one of the closest looking hills down by me its gone now, there is a big cliff there now from the bulldozers (I think one dirt bike climbed the new hill) maybe it will be climable soonhttp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2425fc28/bc/My+quad+pics/hill.jpg?bcr92U8AqgsleyOg

11-27-2001, 12:40 PM
Mawauh, New Jersery. Its located at the top of NJ and so many trails!!!!! Theres like a trillion cabillion zillion trails. Cops dont care any ways, its state land and they allow you too.
I live in NY and can get there in less then a half hour.

beerock
11-27-2001, 01:00 PM
I think some of you may be confusing mawah and manahwakin, oh yeah there is also, matawan. people get these towns confused.

but make no doubt about it manahwkin is a awesome place to ride.

300ex xe003#1! , the trails up north are fun, if you feel like breaking your bones cuz you fell off on a rock.

screw that!!!!

there are alot of trails up in MAHWAH but I am not one to beat up the frame on my bike, regardless if I have skids or not.

Rocks are just trouble period.

I'm still waitin to see who wants to come down to MANAHAWKIN to go riding..............

MikeL250X
11-27-2001, 01:11 PM
I guess us NY guys are just used to the rocks, there are alot around here too, I don't care, just more things to jump off of :D He does mean Mahwah, you can't get to the other towns from NY in half hour..

Tommy 17
11-27-2001, 01:59 PM
norm we should have a ride at jackfrost... thats easy for pa, nj and new york riders to go to...

400exRacerX
11-27-2001, 02:21 PM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking of Tommy. Up in Pennslyvania there is a riding spot called Jack Frost. They have 3 motocross traxx and a ton of trails, its is completely legal and it costs $30 bucks for the hole day. It is about and hour or less from northern NJ. I would say this is a great spot because its got mx and trails for both types of riders. And I think for the 2002 season they will have there TT track finally built. Its a great place and people from NJ, PA, and NY can get there in a fairly short ride. Heres the url to the site http://www.big2resorts.com/motocross.shtml If anyone has any questions ask me I go there all the time. They are closing after this weekend and I will be up there for the last weekend. They reopen on April 6th.

bakerboyz
11-27-2001, 04:33 PM
I would agree with a public riding area.

I can picture a bunch of two headed mutants showing up at someones home for the weekend expecting to camp out and shower in their yard. not to mention the usual New Jersey problems of parking, cops, lawyers, insurance, public land restrictions etc.

I would go with Chadsworth or Jack Frost. Jack Frost would bring in the Eastern Pa riders

quadfamily
11-27-2001, 04:50 PM
Jack Frost sounds good. I've never been there, probably about 1.5-2 hour ride for me. I'd like to try out the TT track and an MX track. Does anyone know the age requirements/restrictions? I don't want my kids to be disappointed when they can't ride their own quads because they are too young for the size of the quad. Leo may even be able to make it to this ride. What do you think Leo?

11-27-2001, 05:43 PM
:D put i false birth date on the contract given to u for them i am only thirteen and i have a 250ex which is for 16 year olds if they at least look fourteen they will be fine:devil

400exRacerX
11-27-2001, 07:18 PM
The ages don't matter there, I am 15 and I ride a 400ex, all you need is to sign a waver and if you aren't 18 then you need a parent/gaurdien to sign for you. There is know age limits for any of the riding there, I think its pretty cool because you see some 6-7 year old kids on 90cc quads and small 50cc dirtbikes rippin up the tracks/trails. I think this would be a great place to meet up at, if you go on there site and click directions to "big boulder" and type in your area code it should give you the amount of time it will take to get there doing the speed limit and very very descriptive directions. This thing is so descriptive that it told me wether to make a left or right out of my driveway.

MikeL250X
11-27-2001, 07:20 PM
I've heard the trails at Jack Frost were 100% rocks and should only be ridden on a 4x4, dunno that's what I heard, but since I've never been there I can't say for sure.

400exRacerX
11-27-2001, 08:00 PM
Trails are trails, although for how many times I have been there I have never went into the trails due to how my quad is setup.

Striker49
11-27-2001, 08:10 PM
You guys might wanna set back the date like we did b/c without realizing it we had set the first date on Easter weekend. We put it back the April 5-7 now so it should be aight.

400exRacerX
11-27-2001, 08:58 PM
Well april 5th-7th won't work because they open april 6th. Anyways it will be too muddy that early in the season. In the beginning of april there is still snow there. I was thinking more along the lines of the last weekend of may.

Tommy 17
11-28-2001, 01:14 PM
i ma thinkin june 2nd and 3rd...

Striker49
11-28-2001, 02:52 PM
aight, i didnt know anything bout it...muchless when it opened but I read where someone said hold it the same date as ours and weve moved it to April 5-7

11-28-2001, 06:28 PM
Hey! Don't forget about the Delaware people too! :D

11-28-2001, 06:34 PM
Beerock,

December 8/9 sounds good to me!!! Never rode at Manahawkin before, but there is always a first, right???

A group ride sounds good, but if a big party is envolved, parking may be an issue. It's no fun planning on ride, traveling a good distance, hooking up with riders, and then finding you can't ride!!

I'm in south Jersey, the only place I know legally nearby is the New Jersey Off Road Park in Chattsworth, NJ.

Whatever the consensus is, I'll make plans on riding versus not riding!!!

beerock
11-28-2001, 06:42 PM
why do you guys want to wait so long to get a group ride together?
dont you guys want to ride before it starts snowing around here????

If you do, then why not come down to manahawkin, there is a track down here that is bigger than all three of jack frosts tracks together. and nice sandy/dirt trails(no rocks)

so does anyone want to go ????????????????????????????????????????????
dec 8th and 9th as a rain date???

we wont have any trouble parking, we will park on my street.
if anyone wants to come email me at beerock@netzero.com

I ride every weekend either way, the more the merrier!!!

If you come once youll be back!

400exRacerX
11-28-2001, 06:49 PM
We are waiting so long so we can get a bunch of people so they can plan ahead and everyone in the area can go. If anyone knows were it is and is free on sunday I'll be up there this sunday, it is the last day it is open for 2001.

11-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Ill be there on friday!!wooooo hoooooo!!!!

9300EX
11-28-2001, 07:53 PM
We are in. I think beerock is talking about the MV pit? I don't
know about that. Maybe chatworth would be a better place
to get togeather. Either way we're in. This should be alot of
fun. I know four guys who will be there.

optikid123
11-28-2001, 08:01 PM
i own the track in wall nj by allire airport it was the one in hevlos 1 with travis spader my bro was the guy crusin in the bulldozer

11-28-2001, 08:06 PM
bull *cough* EDITED, i believe you:p but anyways, if you guys are gonna go to chatsworth though let me know, i think ill be there on saturday.

peaaaccce

optikid123
11-28-2001, 08:07 PM
no lie

400exRacerX
11-28-2001, 08:12 PM
What county and town is chatsworth in?

11-28-2001, 08:29 PM
Chatsworth IS the name of the town and i believe it is in Burlington County.

11-28-2001, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah and you own your own track just like thats me in this picture, ahahahhahah.:D

optikid123
11-29-2001, 01:57 PM
im not liein, go to www.bansheetimes.com and look at the pics

optikid123
11-29-2001, 03:09 PM
my brother made it look at the site its a great track
travis spader practices there

beerock
11-29-2001, 03:25 PM
chatsworth N.J.O.R.S.V. is a waste of money.

Yes I was talking about the MV pit(there are more pits than just that pit though)

If anyone is serious about coming down to manahawkin email me: beerock@netzero.com

I will be riding down there every weekend until it gets to cold.

I dont really describe stuff to well, but there is ALOT of riding down in manahawkin/barnegat/tuckerton/waretown

the parkway trials go for miles and miles

then there are the pipeline trails which go for miles and miles

then there is the MV pit/track, which happens to be the hardest track I have ever ridden on. (I practice there)

there is also couches pit, but that place is patrolled now, they have a pheasant club on sunday, they release the about 30 pheasants and hunters hunt them down.

So its not a good idea to be riding in there. BUT there ARE HUGE HILLS in that pit (after 4pm its safe to ride in there)
Im talking crazy hills 80+ degrees that go up like 10-15 stories

Im waiting for the emails.

If it takes 4 months to get people together for a group ride then thats cool, but I WANT a group ride NOW!! :)

9300EX
11-29-2001, 04:58 PM
I rode the mv pit last friday and again on sunday. we had a great time. But I think to have a large group ride there might be asking for trouble. I know the bike guys who I understand built that great track don't really care for us tearing it up. But it is one of the best places I have ever ridden. If we decide to go there we will be there. But I still think Chatsworth off rode vihicle park is the way to go. maybe thats because we are member's? Check out this site then let's decide. www.njorvp.org

quadfamily
11-29-2001, 05:09 PM
EXtremeEX, How come you gotta come on here and cause trouble? I just warned you about cursing on the forums and you go and do it again. I've edited curses in your posts at least two times now, probably more, and gave you a warning once. This is the second warning. I've talked with Leo about it and he's ready to give you the boot. And why is it so hard to believe that someone who lives in NJ actually owns a track in NJ? Why are you calling optikid123 a liar? Read the rules that Leo made, they are there for a reason.

RULES
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. You can discuss the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite, factual manner without malice.
4. Have some fun, learn, and enjoy your hobby.
5. Please refrain from swearing or making sexual references.
6. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Non-ATV related pictures that are uploaded to our server will be deleted.

11-29-2001, 06:20 PM
Listen dude, if you read my post you will see that i never called anyone a liar, i just didnt believe him, does it say anywhere on the board rules that i cant disagree with someone? Second, you edited one of my posts with one curse in it, not two, three or how many others you say you did. And third, the last post i put a $ instead of an S, if you are not allowed to do that either, i apologize. Im not trying to start trouble with anyone, just tryin to read and learn about my hobby.

peeeaacceee

beerock
11-29-2001, 07:10 PM
well, I wont be going to njorsv unless there is a race goin on. I wont spend 30 bucks to ride when I could ride more trails and practice on a better track then someplace that i HAVE TO PAY FOR

hell no!!!

400exRacerX
11-29-2001, 07:11 PM
Were is the pits in manahawkin? I thought manahawkin was a town down the shore with all big houses that rich people live in? And if there was anything there wouldnt we be alittle loud for that small of a area? And also is there some decent size jumps there (40ft-60ft doubles)?

beerock
11-29-2001, 07:40 PM
well manahawkin is a big town, I do happen to livew in the part with all the big houses though.

but the track at mv has some big jumps,30ft double doubles, 40ft single doubles
etc

its actually bigger than any track you have ridden on.

Oh and someone else said something about the motocrossers minding people riding on it.
They really dont care, actually if quads ride on the track at a fast pace they actually smooth the track out a bit(kind of like grrooming it) quads make the berms bigger too.

I KNOW who built the track, he taught me everything I know about riding motorcycles.
If you know how to ride the track then you wont have any troubles, matter of fact some of the motocrossers dowen there actually give respect to guys ridin quads on the track because its so **** hard on a bike let alone on a quad.

400exracerx if you want to come down, what do you have to lose?

I bet if you practiced enough on this track you would be faster on any other track because of how much energy it takes to get around this track 5 times!!!! (no lie,5 laps and youll be dead tired)

Id say the track is longer than a mile

400exRacerX
11-29-2001, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by beerock

its actually bigger than any track you have ridden on.

How can you say this? I doubt it but I think I am looking into coming down there, its about 1 1/2 hours away.

beerock
11-29-2001, 09:48 PM
where do you live up north 400exracerx?

I live in ringwood, i will be driving down there this weekend to go riding. its 1 1/2 hr ride for me too

If you want info email me.

QuadRacer041
11-30-2001, 01:46 PM
beerock, i live in oakland right down the road.
i cant make it this weekend but i would be intrested in going down to this track in manahawkin next weekend, it sounds awsome, the weekend of dec 8. have you ever raced at disc. 34 in NY?

i just check out pics of your quad, i dont remember seeing around local tracks, maybe if i saw your face id remember you.
check out my pics, im usually riding my R but i ride the 400 too, do my quads look familar?

quad 041

kc 300EX
11-30-2001, 02:03 PM
Lol, you guys live close to me, i used to live in WestMilford NJ, but now i live in Westbookville NY, like half hour from oakland, hour from ringwwod, some of my couzins live in Ringwood, One lives on Pima court, rides a Warrior. Beerock have u ever ridden by the reservoir?

9300EX
11-30-2001, 07:24 PM
OK I guess we'll do the mv pit just let us know what weekend? I want to see any body do 5 laps on that track and not be wipped. I know I can't.

400exRacerX
11-30-2001, 08:19 PM
I live in Morris County, my quad is getting ripped apart next week for winter rebuild, so next season I'll be up there for sure and I'll rip that track up.

QuadRacer041
12-07-2001, 11:04 AM
has anyone ever heard of the FARM?its a riding spot off like exit 100 off the parkay.
im going there this sunday 12/9/01

QuadRacer041
12-07-2001, 11:07 AM
have any of you guys ever riddin there, if so try to make it this sunday ill be there with some freinds i have a '01 yellow 400ex #041. stop over and say whats up.

beerock
12-07-2001, 12:52 PM
yo whoevers goin to MV let me know, iam posting a new topic.

QuadRacer041
12-07-2001, 03:01 PM
whats MV??????were is it?

Lou
quad041

12-14-2001, 06:49 PM
I would ride only legal places in jersey. Sarco got busted 2 weeks ago, Port elizabeth got raided. And to be perfectly honest i would rather pay 150 bux a year at NJORVP than pay a criminal tresspass ticket. Now don`t say it won`t happen because i got caught at sarco which everyone thought could never be busted!

optikid123
12-19-2001, 08:02 PM
quad041 the farm is the track i own
so how did u like it and whats your name i might no u

12-19-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by optikid123
quad041 the farm is the track i own
so how did u like it and whats your name i might no u

You own this land? HMMMM where si located and do you let anyone ride there? Also how big is it?

400exRacerX
12-19-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX
Lol, you guys live close to me, i used to live in WestMilford NJ

Really you lived in west milford? I live in Jefferson township, ever hear of it?

optikid123
12-19-2001, 09:05 PM
it is 23 acres it was in huevlos one the NJ part (its a lot bigger now) and its in HOWELL NJ

quadfamily
12-20-2001, 06:52 AM
Optikid,
Howell is only around 25 minutes or so from me. We're exit 7 on 195. How does one go about riding on your place? Is it invitation only? Membership only? Pay per visit? I have two sons who ride with me, what are the age restrictions if any?

optikid123
12-20-2001, 11:04 AM
quadfamily there is only one thing u have to bring to get in,

A shovel

no price no age restictions just fun
and if u die u cant sue my family

beerock
12-20-2001, 11:25 AM
really? how big is this place optikid? maybe we could meet up some time.

QuadRacer041
12-20-2001, 11:48 AM
whats your name?how old are you?i thought the guy who owned it was older.
i never made it there yet due to bad weather.

optikid123
12-20-2001, 11:48 AM
its 23 acres of land pits are nearby lot of trails all over the place
the track is a little more than a mile i guess its pretty good though spader practices there we have a lot of fun we have all kind of jumps one is about 70 long if u jump the whole thing:)

12-20-2001, 01:07 PM
hey i live in new jersey up in edison i bought my hoffman bicycle in howell if it is ok i would love to ride there just tell me where in howell it is and there are like 6 other people besides me that go with me:devil

optikid123
12-20-2001, 02:59 PM
the man that owns it is my father, the man thats dose everything on it is my bro (hes 36 thats the guy u will se my dad nevergoes out there) but im out there evry weekend almost

optikid123
12-20-2001, 03:00 PM
o yea the names LEPIS and im 13

optikid123
12-20-2001, 03:16 PM
250ex NJ did u but it from bikeworld now called beacon bike and if u did did u see the track cause my bro built that for the BMX guys so he has a lot of experience he just put in new sections at ATCO in south jersey

quadfamily
12-20-2001, 04:28 PM
OK, OK, how much work do you have to do with the shovel to be eligable to ride??? Can you give me directions from 195? Is there room to park my trailer SAFELY? Can I bring a couple of friends along with us? I ride with some guys that work at Coopers cycle in Hamilton NJ. Howell is not that far from Toms River. Do you know Bill Fisher owner of Wild Bills shop on Rt 37? I'm sure we're going to find out that it's a real small world!

optikid123
12-20-2001, 05:22 PM
dont worrry shovel work is minimal u park in the property behind a locked gate im sure my bro knows him he knows everyone someway or another and ur friends... u gotta make sure they and tou got all the gear ect. and u cant sue my family if u die.:)
its only 5min from rt 195 i gotta ask my bro if he wants me givin out directions but dont worry ill tell u tommrrow when i get home from it

optikid123
12-20-2001, 05:26 PM
o yea and its free but track donations are appreaciated (for fuel for the machines) and we have horses and EMU s and we just got 2 pepsi machines

QuadRacer041
12-21-2001, 05:37 AM
hey kid, sounds cool man.
how can we get in if the gate is locked when we get there?
is there a way to let someone know were there?

quad041

optikid123
12-21-2001, 08:54 PM
ummm who were you gonna go with cause they most likely have a key or someone may be there

12-21-2001, 09:32 PM
hey me and my father want to ride there how do you get to it i live in edison

quadfamily
12-22-2001, 11:45 AM
Optikid,
Please let me know how to get there. We want to ride on Monday, Christmas eve. I just watched Huevos1 last night again and the Jersey part looks pretty cool. Who was the guy in the big machine, your brother? Thanks you can also e-mail me at jbholden@optonline.net

QuadRacer041
12-24-2001, 05:34 AM
hey kid,
how come there arent any pics of you up on the farm webiste???

quad041

quadfamily
12-24-2001, 06:18 AM
What website is that?

optikid123
12-24-2001, 08:34 AM
www.bansheetimes.com

those pics are a lot newer than huevlos 1

optikid123
12-24-2001, 08:36 AM
im not on the web site cause i dont get real good air and i usually miss the guy with the camera

12-24-2001, 02:35 PM
Pointless flame deleted

It's the holidays, can't we all just play nice?

Leo

optikid123
12-24-2001, 03:09 PM
lol ur really funny:)

400exRacerX
12-24-2001, 08:37 PM
Yeah, he is actually pretty funny. I guess he is trying to make me look stupid??:huh Well I guess it worked. Although I could careless. Well I guess Mr. tough guy here thinks he just stated something that he thought everyone would laugh at, but in reality I would smoke this kid really bad, but hey I don't know maybe I am wrong. And if you really need a pic to believe what some one says, then next season I'll take as many pics as he wants. But the thing that really isn't too clear is maybe this kids vision because if he had enough knowledge to read the rules of the forum, he would have just realized he broke them. But, don't forget he "Mr. tough guy" that made fun of 400exRacerX. And now he'll come back with some smart reply to try and make fun of me more about nothing that I had to do with, I don't know how this hole thing started, did I say anything to cr80expert to get him upset? Because I wouldn't want him to be upset, I would feel really bad if I upset someone that is making fun of me.....LOL

12-24-2001, 11:01 PM
Hey man......it may be funny but its the truth and im sick of all this sullbhit

12-24-2001, 11:04 PM
you talk like u dont kno hu the hell i am............plus chet started all of this and u kno that so stop this bullshiz and saying that u "just need time" kausse ur lying like u can do all this now and this pic is of me......but i suck

12-24-2001, 11:10 PM
ahah shows how much of an exriders wh0re u are reading the rules all i did was expose u of what u lied about not what ur gonna be doing

quadfamily
12-25-2001, 02:24 PM
OK guys can you both please cut it out! This is not the place to argue or make fun of people. Both of you are breaking the rules if you ask me. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything. Please don't take this to the next level. Have a great Christmas!

12-25-2001, 05:27 PM
tru that to the 50th power but he is just a bish some times so i gotta shut em down

2k2-300exnj
12-26-2001, 04:59 PM
my dad just traded my 250ex in for a 300 for x-mas so i really want to ride when are u going to tell us how to get there i told u i will pay u

optikid123
12-26-2001, 06:28 PM
u dont have to pay but its too muddy to ride now thats awsome u got a 300

2k2-300exnj
12-26-2001, 07:11 PM
i dont mind the mud and using ur land passing on a 20 is no prob but there is mostly atvs able to ride through about 2 feet of mud without a prob and maybe more

12-26-2001, 09:17 PM
hey opti where u live in nj cause in nothern nj is where most of the nice trails are but for jumps and all....idk.........jackfrost isnt too good of aplace to ride because of rocks.........chek into this other track which is about 30 mins farther than jackfrost but its self groomed and not alot of ppl go so we woudlnt get confused on who is there

12-26-2001, 09:28 PM
hey opti,

how does anyone get info on the farm. i live really close to the farm and just bought a 02 300ex. i heard you mention something about bringing a shovel in an earlier post. i would be more than willing to help out to have a place local to ride and have some riding buddies. im pretty new to atv's but am progressing quite well. i hope that i can find other places to ride as well cause chatsworth is pretty far and englishtown is expensive. i would really like to ride this weekend weather willing. to give an idea of my motorcycle expertise i had dirtbikes growing up and had a ninja zx7r for 3 years which i sold to start riding offroad again.

chuck

optikid123
12-26-2001, 09:33 PM
i live at the jersey shore in the Pt pleasent Manasquan Belmar area

QuadRacer041
12-27-2001, 04:44 AM
why is it so muddy it hasnt rained in about a week, so how to do get there?everyone keeps asking but you havent anwsered yet.

optikid123
12-27-2001, 11:49 AM
ok ill tell you,
from 195,
get off at the allaire state park exit and head toward farmingdale (there is signs) u will pass a chevorlet dealer and then a place called monmouth feed u will be on squancum rd. then u will pass a bar called Mulligans and the next right is birdsall rd. turn right onto birdsall go over the little bridge and u will see a golf course
(CRUIZ FARMS) and continue down the road. u will see barns and 2 horse feilds on the right pull into the driveway
WELCOME TO THE FARM if the gate is locked forget trying to get in cause we have an electric fence and 3 padlocks on the gate. if its open go see whos around and just tell them u feel like riding and ur not gonna sue. my bro's name is carl hes the one u wanna talk to when u go.

QuadRacer041
12-27-2001, 12:04 PM
i hate to be a pain in the ***** but how do u get there from the parkway south?

optikid123
12-27-2001, 12:44 PM
from the parkyway south, get off at the exit for 195 i think it is exit 98 there is signs

2k2-300exnj
12-27-2001, 02:42 PM
will the gates be open this weekend if not i dont want to waste the time to go down there and not ride

2k2-300exnj
12-27-2001, 05:21 PM
do i need to bring anything u said something about a shovel

optikid123
12-27-2001, 05:37 PM
yea all of ur gear and u gotta wear it (its a MUST) and extra help when ur not ridin would help u no like fixing lips and such

Ham Sandwich
12-28-2001, 06:15 AM
Hey opti i live like 10 mins from you! in colts neck. we gotta hook up sometime and ride:)

optikid123
01-04-2002, 08:32 PM
has any 1 been out there yet.

01-04-2002, 10:39 PM
i was going to go soon but i got the flu. im better now and cant wait to go ridin hopefully ill stop by the farm soon.

02 yellow 300ex
with helium in the front tires:devil

Ham Sandwich
01-05-2002, 05:33 AM
opti you say if you show up and gates closed don't bother well whos gonna load up and drive there to find you can't ride?

01-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I heard there was gonna be a new MX track in northern NJ:macho

QuadRacer041
01-14-2002, 06:40 PM
i heard that too, there trying to build in west milford or something.
it used to be somekind of park or something

quad041

QuadRacer041
01-15-2002, 02:33 PM
hey optikid,
anyone going to be around on saturday i want to come down to the farm with a few of my freinds. can anyone else make it????

i need to ride!!!!!!!

quad041

400exRacerX
01-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Does anyone want to go riding this weekend in northern NJ? I just got my quad back together and I am going riding anyone is welcome, just reply and let me know. Hey quad041 is oakland is near me. We have a fairly small sand pit that is sweet, has jumps, berms, whoops the whole bit and if you wanna ride with me and a few friends let me know.

NJ300ex
01-15-2002, 08:14 PM
I might be up for some riding this weekend. Where do you want to go?

400exRacerX
01-15-2002, 08:29 PM
I have some mild trails nothing rough up by me along with a sweet sand pit. Its located in Oak Ridge jefferson township. This is local to some of the guys here, although we cant have alot of people because parking is limited. Let me know.

01-16-2002, 12:17 AM
i have been there i think,it is in oak ridge by the water resi,and there is a road called pierce ave by a pond called wallace,iam i correct,dont they harass you now.i havent been to that spot in years

QuadRacer041
01-16-2002, 09:12 AM
racerx,
is this place legal to ride there?
is it private property?
if not i cant take a chance, even if you say cops never bother you, id rather not take a chance.
id really like to go done to this place the farm, its awsome,
i wish optikid would respond, he says his BRO owns the place.
it would be awsome if all of us went down there.

400exRacerX
01-16-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dannydone
i have been there i think,it is in oak ridge by the water resi,and there is a road called pierce ave by a pond called wallace,iam i correct,dont they harass you now.i havent been to that spot in years

I guess it is close to the resivior, but you can get to it from either davenport road or chamberlain road. This isn't a legal place to ride and is owned by Newark watershed, although we have been riding there for 5 years now and I have beent there with my 400 for about 1 1/2 years and my pipe was measured at 101 decibels. We have never been bothered by anyone back there, it is pretty far from any houses and everyone that lives around there rides. And the only way for cops or watershed to get back there is to walk because they dont own any type of motorized off road vehicle, and believe me they wont bother us and if they did there is 6 different ways out of the place and it is in the middle of the woods. If your still up for it I'll be there this weekend.

01-16-2002, 06:05 PM
where could i meet up with you guys,,can you email me directions,it will be me and my girl friend,,send it privtely,thanks,what day?sunday or sat

01-16-2002, 07:13 PM
i see where davenport road is,is that the crossroad?