PDA

View Full Version : pell city video

thequadfather+2
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Here's some of what I had from Pell City. The quality should get better when you tube finishes processing it. If not I will move it to photobucket.

We were parked down behind the starting gate next to the whoops so that was about the only place I was able to get any video. Got a couple hole shots and some good whoop action.

Congratulations to all....

Bardy, our 6 year old, took his 70 with a bone stock suspension (Shocks, a-arms, swinger and axle) and pulled off a 4th on Friday and was running 14th Sunday when his seat came off. He ended up 20th because he tried to ride and hold the seat on until it was over. His quad has a $200 dollar cylinder straight out of the box and a pcs pipe, thats it. I know, to most, thats not a good finish but we didnt expect to get in on Sunday so we were pretty stoked for him.

enjoy.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlPJSbFk6Og&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlPJSbFk6Og&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

coffing918
03-29-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks I actually got to enjoy watching the holeshot, I am to nervous at the race, and I also got to see that my son got into the hole 3rd in the 50 cvt class, I wasnt sure. great video,

#404's Dad
03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
AWESOME footage man, thanks for sharing.

nordic quad
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Great racing and great competition.

Andyman17dad
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
awesome video!!

hwf-racing
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the great video for those of us who wish we were there you boy was working hard, Good job !!!! Derek

zach R 7x
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
that is a awesome video! keep them coming !

It was killing us not to be there, spent most of the weekend running back and forth to the computer ! LOL!!

thequadfather+2
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
sorry, one correction. I labeled the 50 cvt as 50 limited. It was 50 cvt (6-8). congrats to Ethan for his win.

I wish I would have had more time to get other parts of the track. The whoops were rutted up in the bottoms on Friday. Both of my kids had trouble. There was probably 10 mini quad crashes and 10-12 big quad crashes during friday practice alone. They came in and knocked them down late Friday night.

I got some video of Chase Snapp in the Pro Am practice going off the whoops and into the pond...

dericsdad
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for posting this! Really gets us pumped up for this year!

Reimer Racing
03-30-2010, 05:58 AM
It's amasing how fast the kids go. Great Video!!!!!

Logan #34's Dad
03-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Wooo, Logan about ate it at around the 9 minute mark! Great weekend for Logan. It started bad when our 90cc engine broke but when I saw the new 90 displacement rule, the weekend got better. We had to run our 70 with them fast 90's. Took home a 3rd and a 2nd. i'll take it.
Great video!

STOCKRACING917
03-30-2010, 08:00 AM
I can see how the displacement rule worked for you, Rocky but it is sad for the 90's who get knocked out of there class when they come a long way to participate. Would be different if there wasn't a full gate of 90's. But it does increase revenue.

Logan #34's Dad
03-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Revenue is what its all about too. I personally like the rule. My thought is that if a 70cc quad can beat a 90cc quad then the mechanics need to go back to the drawing board. I say let them race.
Not trying to get into an arguement w/ ya Mr. Stockton.
This would be a good different thread.

STOCKRACING917
03-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Mrs. Stockton. Rick would never post. What ever it takes.

hasbeenttduner
03-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Great vid. Thanks for posting.

THARNESS
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by STOCKRACING917
I can see how the displacement rule worked for you, Rocky but it is sad for the 90's who get knocked out of there class when they come a long way to participate. Would be different if there wasn't a full gate of 90's. But it does increase revenue.

I like the new rule. It gets a little expensive to have to build a $7-12k quad for each class you want to run. If your kid is fast enough to qualify for a larger cc class on a smaller motor than good for them. If this rule would have been effect 2 years ago I would only have 2 instead of 4 race quads in my trailer and would have about 20k more in the bank.

raidernut
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Love the footage of Hunter skladzien's orange atvfourplay bike through the whoops. you can really see how much more useable travel the fourplay suspension has. That is why we love our fourplay suspended bike in the roughest of tracks. Buddy often runs faster lap times with his 70 fourplay bike than his 90 bike which has a different suspension set up.

Logan #34's Dad
03-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by raidernut
Love the footage of Hunter skladzien's orange atvfourplay bike through the whoops. you can really see how much more useable travel the fourplay suspension has. That is why we love our fourplay suspended bike in the roughest of tracks. Buddy often runs faster lap times with his 70 fourplay bike than his 90 bike which has a different suspension set up.

That's the first thing I saw when I watched that video Mark. I think Tom got it right now!

zach R 7x
03-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by THARNESS
I like the new rule. It gets a little expensive to have to build a $7-12k quad for each class you want to run. If your kid is fast enough to qualify for a larger cc class on a smaller motor than good for them. If this rule would have been effect 2 years ago I would only have 2 instead of 4 race quads in my trailer and would have about 20k more in the bank.

I like this new rule also,but i just wish they would of told us before i spent thousands on my 90 motor,when i could of built a 70 that i know would run up frt in both class's!

Stockton is right though, you will see more 70 riders trying to compete in the 90 class and some 90 kids will be going home early. Which would piss me off if i was the 90 rider going home,but if i was the 70 kid ,i would be very happy!

all in all i think this will hurt the overall #'s eventually.

Logan #34's Dad
03-31-2010, 08:02 AM
It may hurt the numbers but, in the end the traveling "circus" will show up as always. It's all about the money. $40.00 more in the pocket of the AMA to make sure the pro $ is high enough. It'd be nice to see a slidding scale for entry fees i.e. $40.00 for the 1st class, $30 for the next - ect.
All I know is: after watching Mack and Shake out front in moto 2, 70cc ain't going to be enough to beat either one of them.

T@AFP
03-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Mark and Rocky.
I think it's working pretty good too. A HUGE thanks to the boys at FOX for taking care of us at the track. We blew a rear shock in the qualifier but they got it fixed right away.

While the the race was on, I was standing on top of the hill so I couldn't see exactly how the suspension was working. All I saw was he was moving pretty fast through that section of the track.

Thanks for posting this video. It really helps us in our R&D. Also I can bust Hunters _ alls for "lifting".

See you all in a couple weeks.

thequadfather+2
03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
I dont think the new rule on dissplacement will help the class. What happens when there are more 70's in the 90 class than 90's? Heck, why even bring a 90 to the nationals when everyone can just bring a 70 and run both classes? It's not a good rule for anyone running a 90 with no other options. Any top rider can take a good built 70 and knock an average 90 rider out of their own class. If it's about bragging rights why not jump in the 90 mod class and whip up on them with a cvt 70.

If the issue is revenue heck let the cobra 70 SS's run with the CVT 70's:eek: I mean heck it is just a 70, right? Where do you draw the line? why not let 70 cobras run in the 90 class too? I am sure they would be happy to beat a 90.....

I thought the classes were broke up for a reason.

I guess the 90 class will just have to make room for all the built 70's. Basicly two 70 cvt classes I guess. I run one of each so it's not that big of a deal but it's going to turn a few off when most agree they would like to see the sport grow.

EthansDad
03-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Here is some more footage of the 50 CVT class, I think moto 2. Hats off to DJ who drove and motored his way to the win. It was all hot quads for 2, 3 and 4th with Dale Raven, Ben Kirkland and Turbo Smith battling it out in this video.

-EA

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDhiE4yKbLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDhiE4yKbLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Logan #34's Dad
03-31-2010, 09:12 AM
I respectfully disagree with ya Quadfather. If my 70cc quad can beat a 90cc quad to turn one then the 90cc quad needs help. After that, its all about the rider. Thats like saying a 400ex with a 410 kit beats a 450 then its not fair.
Remember, this is supposed to be racing at its highest level.
Keep in mind, I'm running two quads this year and if it would not be for me begging and barrowing from ppl that would not happen. The point of that is, If someone can only afford the build one quad, Why would that person drive countless hours to run one class at the Nationals? It just would not be worth it. So by opening up the 90cc classes it gives the riders more track time and another opportunity do race. JMO

thequadfather+2
03-31-2010, 10:05 AM
I understand Rocky. I dont dissagree with everything that you are talking about, you have several valid points. I just think it opens the door for others to ask where you draw the line. Wouldnt it have been better to run an open CVT or unlimited CVT class? 50's,70's and 90's...run what you brung...There were some 50 riders that could have beat a few 70's.

Dont get me wrong, I am not against it. We are new to the nats and only been on cvt's about a year. I feel like we are just following along behind the vets right now. Heck, if it wasnt for Marc Smith we wouldnt even have been here. He encouraged us to try the CVT machines about three years ago and last year encouraged us to try the nats.

Congrats to Logan he made it look easy.

BTW; our 90 needs help, your 70 beat us to the top of the hill.:D

THARNESS
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
I can't belive someone can think it's not fair that a kid on a 90 gets beat by a kid on a 70. This is the MX Nationals. The highest level of ATV racing in the world. This isn't t-ball or pee-wee basketball. Success is earned and very hard to come by and not everyone gets a trophey. As long as the tranny and chassis styles are the same it is fair. A 70 mod or cobra in the CVT class may be different, but CVT to CVT come on.

raidernut
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Tom clean out your inbox!!

THARNESS
03-31-2010, 11:01 AM
All clean.

raidernut
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Other Tom , but thanks anyway:D

T@AFP
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Good to go Mr. Williams!:macho

CRBOGGAN
03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
The 70 in the 90 class rule is alot like the lucky dog in nascar nowon liked it until it worked for them. With this being said this weekend my son did not make the Sun race but he still had fun but the look on his face when he knew he could not race sun was hard on me. This rule is ok to me if it works out for the majority not just the same bunch every race. thats what rules are for and if its there we have to live with it we will just have to get alot faster. If I was in #34 place I would love the rule but for me now its 1/2 and 1/2. As someone said it will save people lots of $. What we have to remember is this is fun for the kids and family and kids get over things very quickly my boy was playing 5 mins after the LCQ and not a thing was said again. We will be back again and mabey all the 90s will show the 70s up next time LOL.
This is just my $.02 we still had a great weekend and found out there are some amazing kids out there good luck to all and hope the majority is happy with ANY rule.

jerkyboy
03-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice footage Eric. That was moto 1 not 2.

EthansDad
03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks Mike,

yea, dale was not giving any ground going up that hill, you guys built a runner this year! also, I like Dales new gear, very cool!

-EA

mini racer #39
03-31-2010, 10:17 PM
I have reread the rulebook 3 times and also reread the supplement rules and NOWHERE have i found this DISPLACEMENT rule. On page 141-142 of the rulebook it states 71-90cc...90CVT. Is there another rulebook or is this like last year were people start making up their own class cc rules again? I know I personally would like to see this in print. Because if this is a "NEW" rule how come it wasn't posted before the season started when the "NEW" rules are out. I have to agree that many people drive a distance to get to these races and it is expensive for people to go to these races just to run 1 class therefor you ride in a class that you are LEGAL for. It's just not fair to send the LEGAL kid home because someone wants to race in the wrong class...With that said I guess we'll see some 70SS in the 70 CVT class...70 vs 70...

dericsdad
03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Been reading this thread as it got off on the new 90cc rule... and can't help but voice my opinion. This racing should be for and about the kids. And I don't think it's fair for the kids that can only afford to have one bike, to run one class, when a kid on a different displacement bike keeps him from racing the final day of the only class he can run.

Is the nationals all about the elite riders, or their dads elite pocketbooks?

I know what I can afford, and don't pretend to be any more than that. My boy rides a bike that is 5 model years old. He is proud of it, and how well he can do on it against kids on bikes that have 2-3 times as much money into them.

I plan to take Deric to his very first national this year, if money permits. We will do the best we can, with what we have, and will only race ONE class, the class that matches our bikes cc's.

Sadly it sounds like the nationals are more about who has the deepest pockets than about the kids.

Logan #34's Dad
04-01-2010, 03:29 AM
They posted a "rule change" on the pin-up board on Friday morning of the first race. It affects classes: 28, 29 and 30 I believe. They changed the cc levels to: 60cc to 90cc, are eligible in those classes. I'd guess they chose to make the change after the rule book was printed and we all know the web site does not get updated quickly.
As far as other quads running in the cvt classes, If they fit inside the rules then let them ride. As someone said earlier, a 70cvt and a 90cvt are the exact same machine with a disadvantage to the lower powered engine.
The numbers at Alabama were exceptionaly high this round and I would not expect to see those numbers again so this will become a moot point because most will make the field.

You ask: Is the Nationals about the elite riders? YES IT IS. If my rider could not compete in the upper level of the class then I'd save a ton of money and stay home and race locally until my riders skill level was on par with the upper level.

Also you ask: Elite Pocketbooks? Again, Yes it is. - Always has been always will be. He with the most resourses usually wins or stays in the sport until they are old enough to get a ride.

riding4fun
04-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Man, you guys have some fast riders out there. That was fun to watch. Who was it that shot out in the 50 class? That was a rocket.

STOCKRACING917
04-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Jerry, you answered my question.Was it in the book?
I am wondering what made them post a change at the last minute? Maybe a parental conversation, who knows. I would think they would be way to busy with other things at the track to go" Oh wait a minute, Let's drop everything and make a change for this YOUTH class". That's where unfairness lies. No one doubts Logan is a great rider, he is and a sweet kid. Your 90 blew And you were not going to be able to race.Then comes the new RULE. Your day is saved. But everyone else who had problems just had to suck it up. We aren't mad or gonna hold grudges, We hope you have a good year and never blow another engine on the 90 so maybe you won't be forced to deal with these issues again. So sucking it up and throwing it away, we're going to Bowling Green. Good Luck EVERYBODY!!

Bowhunter69
04-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I started a new thread on the main page about the rule change for the 60 to 90 cc class.

thequadfather+2
04-01-2010, 06:59 AM
it is obvious the 70 cvt class got the advantage here. The 90's were stuck with one cvt class and that class has been expanded to allow more riders in. Mostly fast riders, forcing moderate and slower riders out of their own class with no other cvt option for them.

with that being said we all understand that this is the top of the ladder for youth atv racing. I dont think anyone has ever compared it to t-ball or whatever. I dont think anyone is really worried about the trophies, got a garage full of trophies dont need another one...Heck even got a few t-ball trophies!

I am kinda in the middle on it, it will help a few and hurt a few.

dissclaimer: This is just an opinion.:devil:

thequadfather+2
04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
I would like to say in Rocky's (and anyone else) defense that while I was standing in line Thursday night they anounced the rule change on the PA system. I dont think anyone swung a rule change after they broke.

No doubt someone asked them to look at the rule earlier, they didnt just do it for no reason on their own I dont think.

Logan #34's Dad
04-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Mrs. Stockton. I sure hope your not implying that the AMA made this rule change AFTER my 90 had problems. I don't have clout like that. I never once had a conversation with anyone at the track. I entered both classes and paid for both practices early on Friday morning - I never even noticed the pinned-up rule change. We had our 90 issue in the second set of practices then Mr. Voiles told me to look at the piece of paper hanging on the pin-up board not knowing if that was for AMA-ATV or the SE series. I read it, then stayed in the class as the rules state. The new rule benefited me this time and I'm sure it will help others in the future. We absolutley plan to run a 90 in the class because ppl will need all the cc's they can get to keep up with some of them riders.
Please understand, I'm not wanting to create an issue with you personally. Your family are great people. I'm just stating my opinion and postition on the subject.

CRBOGGAN
04-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Logans dad after seeing your parking spot for the weekend you needed any good luck you could get lol. You still had water under your trailer Sun.

Reimer Racing
04-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
I would like to say in Rocky's (and anyone else) defense that while I was standing in line Thursday night they anounced the rule change on the PA system. I dont think anyone swung a rule change after they broke.

No doubt someone asked them to look at the rule earlier, they didnt just do it for no reason on their own I dont think.

Guess this clears Rocky. :D :D

Logan #34's Dad
04-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by CRBOGGAN
Logans dad after seeing your parking spot for the weekend you needed any good luck you could get lol. You still had water under your trailer Sun.

LOL. yeah that really sucked. We looked like real hillbillies! trying to save a buck. I'm glad it rained as we traveled home - it cleaned everything off! hehe.

CRBOGGAN
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Rules are rules good or bad so lets go back to what this tread started and see some more vids of all the amazing kids riding like we all wish we could lol. I know Bruce has more vids of this weekend mabey some others do to.

thequadfather+2
04-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Yea Chip I had to trim the video I posted down to under ten minutes for you tube. It was about 12 minutes long and I still left out some good video. I also had a little helmet cam stuff but the batteries died before the racing started so all I had was practice on Friday.

STOCKRACING917
04-01-2010, 09:20 AM
No issues at all. Its all good. Your blessed to have a friend like Mr Voiles who watches out for ya. I am just glad we can all equally voice our opinion. Best of luck to all.

thequadfather+2
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
embeded from photobucket. This is the same video just from a different link. some folks cant watch it from you tube.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/pellcity2010.flv">

hasbeenttduner
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Great vids. Lets keep them coming every round.:D

EthansDad
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Are we done talking about displacement rules yet? :)

Here is a video Rob put together for us on the 50 limited race at pell city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMrLRXzs3AY

thequadfather+2
04-03-2010, 11:26 AM
What? There's been a rule dissplacement change?

He did a good job...Both rider and video producer.

Nice video, maybe they'll have something to show their kids some day.

greenmachine70
04-03-2010, 02:15 PM
The #00 quad was in 2nd on the holeshot is a friends son, Cale Deal. Unfortunately the stock drr axles cant hold up to kids who hit the jumps pinned. Would like to have seen the race between these 2 had that not happened.
I think that was Cales first ever national. He is the points leader at Dade CIty in the 50 & 70 classes.
Congrats to all the pilots who had fun at the nats.

thequadfather+2
04-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Yea, Ethan aint scared to hit it. He chased down my son who was ridding a 70 and got around him in both motos a few weeks ago at Pell City with SEquads. Brady turned an average lap of 2:19-2:20 and finished 4th in the first moto of 70cvt last week there. he is also on the stock shocks and axle. It should be fun to watch those two run again...