PDA

View Full Version : Shift pin braket

Mercedes
03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi, has anyone got this on there ltr??? I'M looking to get a walsh shift pin relocation braket and wanted to know how had the instalation is and how its done.

Thanks many

TitanMotorworks
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
their not bad, Ive installed over 50 of them. If you want to know how to install let me know. i can post pics of all the steps.
Joe

Mercedes
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks, you will be the first to know,if I have any trouble.

Mercedes
04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi, I am now about to do the instalation,but seems i little more complicated than I asumed. Can you please send me the pics that you said. I can use all the help I can get.

hawaiianbasshed
04-30-2010, 12:17 AM
what happens if I don't get one of these? and how do I see if it's already been done on my bike?

thanks guys!

panici33
04-30-2010, 08:13 AM
There not hard to install. You just need to take your time and follow instructions.

If you pull the clutch cover and right case cover you will be able to see if you have one already.

The shift fork sort of rides on the shift pin and the stock location of the shift pin is actually in the right case and the pin in that location has been known to break off which could cause some major damage to your clutch components. The bracket relocates the pin so its not in the case and makes for a much stronger position.

RosquistRacer39
05-01-2010, 05:51 AM
http://www.ltr 450 hq.com/forums/part-reviews-installs/5441-b-c-s-perf-shift-pin-relocation-bracket-install-article-how-tech.html

Heres a write up with videos. just copy and paste but take out the spaces between ltr and 450 and hq otherwise it wont let me post it.