PDA

View Full Version : Supercross Series In Michigan

trompen542
03-29-2010, 01:48 PM
I just took this off from racerx.com
SJO Productions Launches New Website

Mar 29 2010 9:48AM
Comment ShareThis Email Print
Fremont, MI: SJO Productions, Home of the My Auto Michigan State Fair Super Cross series is pleased to announce the unveiling of our brand new website. (www.sjoproductions.com) Racers and fans alike will be able to connect with SJO for the latest news, race photos, videos, and up to the minute trackside twitter updates. Furthermore, if you’re a Facebook user make sure to add SJO for even more racing action!

2010 will be the 27th consecutive year racing for SJO Productions and will play host to over 31 stops throughout the state of Michigan. Racers from 50cc beginners to the Open Pro Class and all ages of quad riders will have the chance to battle it out for cash and prizes under the lights on professionally built supercross style tracks all season long. The top 15 races will count towards state championship points and a coveted championship trophy at the yearend banquet. “Coming off a great 2009 season we’re looking for 2010 to be bigger and better than ever,” says SJO Productions race director Mark Powers.

Keep your eyes on the new website for the latest updates as we countdown to our season opener May 1st at the Muskegon County Fairgrounds located in Ravenna Michigan. SJO Productions is sure to offer a night of racing you won’t soon forget!

SJO Productions would like to thank all their sponsors who make the series possible: My Auto Import Center, Fox Racing, Village Motorsports, Team Babbitt’s, Shift MX, MCR Suspension, Yamaha, Powers Motorsports, JD Byrider, Kids on quads, and JQ Entertainment.

About SJO Productions:
SJO Productions organizes, conducts, and promotes supercross style racing throughout the state of Michigan. We offer classes for all levels of racers from youth to professional and a variety of quad classes. Want to learn how you can get involved in the most action packed racing series in the Midwest? Log on to www.sjoproductions.com

bbender85
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
they brought back quad classes last year, and i guess they had a pretty decent turnout. they expect more this year.

i am planning on running as many races as i can. you racing?

matt14c
03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Every damn county in the state practically except the four nearest to me! :mad:

trompen542
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi, this is Tom Alex's dad, we, (kids on quads) are helping with the 8 kids classes, with the rules, and classes, and helping promote the 3 adult classes. I think the quads did well last year, because we are fun to watch, and didn't complain to much. We, (Alex) ran at the end of the season, and had fun, so we will be back this year, and hope to make it another fun time.

extremetrucker
04-03-2010, 05:06 PM
are the tracks more quad friendly than the years past? they used to be really dangerous.

Latemodel32
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
and helping promote the 3 adult classes ?

I only see 2 adult classes

Quad novice
Quad expert

All other class are for the little guys.

trompen542
04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by extremetrucker
are the tracks more quad friendly than the years past? they used to be really dangerous.
The tracks we rode last year, were set up for all abilities of riders, and very good for the kids. They roll the tops of the jumps,so the kids can just roll over them if they want, and the big guys can jump them too.

trompen542
04-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Latemodel32
and helping promote the 3 adult classes ?

I only see 2 adult classes

Quad novice
Quad expert

All other class are for the little guys.
Sorry, we are working on a womens class, also, and if enough riders in the intermediate class show up, I am pretty sure we can work that in too. Its all about the numbers, the more riders that show up the better off we will be.

trompen542
04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Only 9 days left before the first race.

trompen542
04-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Fremont, MI: SJO Productions, Home of the My Auto Michigan State Fair Super Cross series kicks off its 27th consecutive year of racing this Saturday May 1st at the Muskegon County fairgrounds in Ravenna Michigan. This will be round one of the 32 race series that will host stops all across Michigan.

Racers and fans alike will be treated to bar banging, knock down action all night long. From the 50cc beginners to the premier A classes, racers will be battling it out for their share of cash, awards and coveted series points. Muskegon’s “supercross” style track will offer fans plenty of up close in your face racing action all night long.

The schedule for Saturday’s event will be as follows:

Location: Muskegon Co. Fairgrounds 6621 Hts. Ravenna Rd. Ravenna, MI 49451
• Practice 5:00 PM
• Racing 7:00 PM

For more information log on to www.sjoproductions.com or find us on the official SJO Productions facebook page.

trompen542
05-27-2010, 08:13 AM
The next race is friday June 11, in Fremont mi. Riders have started to show up, and from the feed back I am getting, every one is having a good time.

bbender85
05-27-2010, 03:52 PM
i raced opening round, 2nd was rained out, and i broke both my arms right before charlotte last weekend. luckily i wont miss much in june. see you in july!!

trompen542
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
how did you manage to break both arms?

bbender85
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
cased a double down at martin mx. compression fractured both upon impact.

trompen542
06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
how is that track? Alex used to practice there last year, has it changed alot? Is the supercross track any good? we were thinking about racing the july pro-am race there.

bbender85
06-03-2010, 10:11 AM
track is alot of fun, very quad-friendly. the new guy who is running it has done a great job with it so far, made a few changes... some i like, some i don't really. great guy tho, and very open to feedback.

the SX is very tight. most of it is split into two lines, so an already-narrow track is essentially again half as wide. it's pretty gnarly tho, i roll most of it.

trompen542
06-05-2010, 11:27 AM
WELL. I GUESS I BETTER GET HIS QUAD DONE SO HE HAS SOME PRACTICE ON IT, BEFORE JULY.

Latemodel32
06-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Does the martin mx track have a web site ? I'm a truck driver outta GR and i drive by it on 131 all the time most of the time im like s**t there it is and im past it lol Looks like a fun track but i never see anyone on it?

trompen542
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Its jlosupercross.com, they have everything posted, like schedule, classes, practice times, ECT

bbender85
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
look up martin xtreme racing on facebook, his actual website is still pretty primitive.

Canadian144
06-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Man this sounds pretty fun.... I am down in Michigan pretty often (visiting relatives), I'd love to stop in and check out a race sometime.

Maybe I'll get to participate in a year or so... I'm really hoping to get into the University of Michigan!

I think the next time I'm down there (at the end of July) I might be picking up a 125cc 2-stroke bike... woohoo! Along with my quad tech beak, electronics guard, and a few other goodies.

BTW, trompen542, if you are kids on quad, I have one of your number plates, it's awesome, 1 year and still running strong!

trompen542
06-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi Canadian 144, thanks for the good review on our # plate holder. Yes these races are a lot of fun, you can get the schedule at sjoproductions.com. Let us know when you are in town, we are always looking for people to ride with.

Canadian144
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice. I checked the schedule and it looks like I should be there during some of the late July races... hopefully I can make it to the track and check out some racing!

trompen542
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
We had our first race of the season, friday night, we got the quad done about 5 minutes before the race started, we did ok, but had a blast, Had more minis, and adults, so it seems to be catching on. we had a couple of crashes, but no one hurt, so it was a great weekend.

bbender85
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
i see your son went 3 and 1 this weekend. is he going to running the rest of the season?

trompen542
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
He will be at some, between the canadian, and usa nationals we can afford to go to. He likes this kind of racing, and I wish we could have afforded to get his quad ready earlier, so he could have ridden, at least once before the race friday.

trompen542
06-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Next race is friday night the 25th in muskegon, I hope to see more of you guys there.

trompen542
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I see there are no district or glmx races this week end, if you guys want to try somthing fun, sjo has a race in muskegon friday night june 25th. You can go to sjoproductions.com for all of the info you will need.

bbender85
06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
think i'm gonna come watch. i'm anxious to see the changes they made to the track from the first round.

trompen542
06-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I will be there, but Alex is sick, so I don't think he is going.

trompen542
06-28-2010, 08:24 AM
We had another good evening of racing friday, more people showed up, and I got to meet more racers, and more of the mini racers parents. We had a new addition to fridays race, "TV COVERAGE", Wood tv was there filming. I will try to find out when and where it will be shown, and post it here. I hope to see more racers at the next race, so we can continue to build this into a premier series for the riders.

bbender85
06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
it was cool to see WKTV there shooting. i have satellite TV tho so that being a local access channel i'm not sure i'll be able to catch whatever they air (unless they put it on vimeo.com)

anyways, it was nice that there was a good enough quad turnout to run seperate motos for the classes. looking forward to july!

trompen542
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I will call them to see when and where they will be showing it, and I will let you know. It was nice to meet you at the race, and look forward to the next race, I hope to see you there riding.

bbender85
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by trompen542
It was nice to meet you at the race, and look forward to the next race, I hope to see you there riding.

you too. i definitely won't be at the next round, doubt i'll ride the one following.. but going to try and be back in shape for hastings on the 23rd.

trompen542
07-05-2010, 10:43 AM
There is another race this saturday night the 10th in Freemont, hope to see a bunch of new riders there.

trompen542
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
There is a SJO supercross race this sat the 17th at charlotte Mi. this is an afternoon race, and practice starts at 3:00

trompen542
07-21-2010, 09:55 AM
It was a great weekend at the chorlotte race, full gate in the expert class, almost a full gate in the beginner class. Many of the mini classes were represented, and a big croud of spectators to cheer them on. This weekend is going to be crazy with 3 races, 2 at Hastings, on the 22nd, and 23rd, and 1 on the 25th, in muskegon which is a day race. I hope to see you there, this summer is shaping up to be a lot of fun.

bbender85
07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
^^sick picture, i talked to barker about hitting the catapult.. lol he said he came out of the corner on the throttle and held it there and hoped for the best, lol.

you guys running hastings last night/tonight? i am coming to watch tonight.

trompen542
07-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes we will be there, hopefully it won't rain and turn the place into a swamp. I thought it was a cool picture, and it shows that the quads can run a supercross track, just like the bikes. Check out the stands, there must have been 800-1000 on that side, and about the same on the other side of the track too, it was packed. Are you almost healed? when do you think you will be ready to race?

trompen542
07-28-2010, 08:12 AM
There are 3 races this week, holland on the 28th, ludington on the 30th, and muskegon on the 31st, I hope to see a bunch of you there.

waychoff05
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Anyone going to ride at the Allegan race this year? I'm thinking pretty hard about just have to see what my work brings

bbender85
07-28-2010, 10:20 AM
going to holland tonight.. as a spectator still. :ermm:

Originally posted by waychoff05
Anyone going to ride at the Allegan race this year? I'm thinking pretty hard about just have to see what my work brings

i should be back racing by then. i see the date on that one is still TBD.

trompen542
07-28-2010, 12:32 PM
we will be at Holland tonight, and allegan, if it runs

hondamxer161a
07-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Any of you fellow Michigan guys interested in buyin a CRF hybrid? Full race, long travel, etc.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=443868

PM me!

Priced to sell TODAY at $3000, well over $8000 invested.

Trompen I used to see you at races...Kingsley, Gratten. Cool to see Alex is still racing!

trompen542
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Kids on Quads is officially pulling our team from the SJO series, due to the rough riding tactics of two riders. These riders seem to think that ramming is racing, and last night their tactics sent two riders to the hospital, one with a fractured back, and one with a broken femur. When asked if anything was going to be done to these riders the promoters both said, that we should expect that type of racing in supercross, and nothing was going to be done. It is to bad that this type of attitude comes from them, because it was a great place for the kids to ride, and the crouds were fun for them too. Unfortunatly they seem to have this attitude towards Quads, and for the saftey of my riders, we must make this decision.
Tom @ KIDS ON QUADS RACING.

hondamxer161a
08-03-2010, 08:18 AM
about 8-10 years ago when I raced a lot quads were allowed at SJO, then they weren't, then they were again.

Their tracks were always VERY unfriendly towards quads. Big double doubles 15 ft out of turns etc. No way to make them.

This sounds like a terrible experience, and I don't blame you at all for pulling out of the series. Injuries do happen, but this sounds way too "extreme", to use everyone's favorite word

trompen542
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, last time they got sued, by a spectators family that got killed,and shut it down, this time, I am pretty sure the two mentioned riders will hurt someone, and it will happen again. I heard rider count was WAY down after we pulled out, but one of these two put one of the beginners into the wall, so he won't go anymore either.

Latemodel32
08-03-2010, 03:33 PM
I was told a diff story this weekend at RedBud.I was told you got banned for trying to start a fight in the pits.Either way it doesnt matter i dont race the sjo series

trompen542
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
nope, we have an entire team we pulled,wrong info

bbender85
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
well it seems the racing has been fairly clean lately. i am going to try and be ready for the muskegon race on the 28th.