PDA

View Full Version : Remove Upper A-Arms on YFZ450

spencer2986
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok this is probably just an easy answer BUT i can't seem to get the 2 top bolts out of my upper A-Arm. Its almost as if they are stuck, i have all the nuts off and everything and tried to pull the long bolt out but it wont budge. It does turn freely when i have a socket on it but im lost right now as far as getting those 2 bolts through. Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks Chris

c_olive18
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
They are probably seized to the bushing inside. Try soaking it in a penetrating fluid like PB Blaster or WD40 for a few hours and try hitting it out again. I always uses a punch and a hammer to get it out. You could also try wedging a chisel or screw driver between the bolt head and the frame mounts to get it broken loose.

spencer2986
03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the help, i did try the hammer and chisle but it didnt work, i did put a little bit of lube in but maybe not enough. Im sure i will get it here soon, i just gotta stop being a little girl and man up lol. I just thought there was a trick that i was missing to get these off. Ok im goin out now to see what i can do. thanks again