PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to all..

EthansDad
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM
..The mini quad dads that pulled Ethan out of the ditch he ran into moto 2 at pell city. I was on the other side of the track and did not see it, but from what I heard Ethan ran off the top side of a berm down about 10 feet into a ditch lap 1. don't know how many folks actually helped, I heard it took 4-5 guys to get the quad up, and after mike keene put him back on the quad, and justin shake cranked it and gave him a few words of encouragement, Ethan took off like a man on a mission to go catch the pack.

Thanks again guys for bailing out our weekend and making this sport great.

-EA

LT80
03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I think that's a great thing!
Glad to see somethings don't change.
Back when my kids were racing, no matter how stiff the competition was off the track (parents) on the track was all kids and when one went down, it might as well as be your own. You're there!

edwardsp&b
03-29-2010, 09:49 AM
There are some really good people on the National circuit. We met alot of good people this weekend and can't wait for kentucky to roll around. Congrats to Ethan Ahlm for his first National overall win! That boy was stroking it out there!
bryan

coffing918
03-29-2010, 10:32 AM
we had the best time at Pell city,
I was very happy with JJ finishing 4th on saturday in his first national ever, sunday he had bad luck his entire pipe fell off where it connects to the motor and where it connects to the other side. the whole thing was just laying there, he had no power but did finish the race got 8th overall!

mkeane
03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Talk about bailing out a weekend. After the first practice Gaige's quad had a cracked case. Eric Ahlm (Ethan's dad) let Gaige use his back up quad for him to race. Thanks again Eric for you generosity. You not only made my my weekend but most importantly Gaige's weekend one we will never forget.

dcarter
03-30-2010, 02:57 AM
this is the best sport ever, i saw people giving other people a hand just so they could race. dads and moms helping each other out for the kids! giving any parts they had so the other kids could race, i tell you there are some really nice people out there and it is great to see. i think the mini parents set a great example for all class's out there. nice job all. dc

STOCKRACING917
03-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Right on Dave! I want to point out Cody's out for a few but Mitch Shelton came on this weekend and set up "Garage" loaning motors, axles and parts. I lost count how many ppl were in and out of there. I know there are many others who do the same. In a time where generosity and putting others first is hard to find, it's these acts of kindness that renews me. Winning is awesome and we all want to. but we never want to do it by stepping on someone else to get there or jepardizing relationships to do it. These ppl setting examples of generosity and kinmanship, These are the life lessons I want my son to learn. I am thankful to those showing him the way. Good luck all for the remainder of the season.
Paula

quadnana7
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
not only was Mitch loaning atv parts and working on other bikes he also loaned us a generator because right before the race we found out ours was messed up and couldnt be fixed, Mitch is a fantastic person always willing to help anybody in need he would be willing to give you the shirt off his back (hey not a bad deal those Mushin shirts are strokin' great design Scott)

EthansDad
03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Mike, you are most welcome! glad we could help and keep Gaige on the track for the weekend and save you a 12 hour U-Turn!

-EA

quadnana7
04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
We have so many people to thank to get us running and keep us running so we need to thank Eiic (Ethan's Dad) for spending half the day Friday installing a motor and more so this one goes out to you.
Thanks again We appreciate your help.

quadnana7
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Also need to thank Troy and Jessy Guy for all your help with Freida over the weekend. We could not have got everything done without you.

quadnana7
04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Need to thank Billy Cottage for the parts & tech help.
The greatest part of all of the ATV racing family is how we all work together. Don't know where else you can find this.
Thanks