PDA

View Full Version : hangover help

dns1764
03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
i am still suffering from last night, and its 530. i cant keep anything down. my head is fine its the stomach. any tips? i am sippin gatorade and sleeping but its not helping

m0t0xk1d
03-28-2010, 03:40 PM
arent you like 14?

dns1764
03-28-2010, 03:41 PM
haha funny.

ATVMX33
03-28-2010, 04:25 PM
i would say dont drink and you'll be good..:D

ben300
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144
Anyone else not get hangovers? I dunno why but I've never had one, no matter what happened the night before....

then you've never drank enough in one night....i used to think i didnt get hangovers......boy was i wrong

ngates788
03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ben300
then you've never drank enough in one night....i used to think i didnt get hangovers......boy was i wrong

theres nights i black out and wake up the next day perfectly fine...

honda400ex2003
03-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
i would say dont drink and you'll be good..:D

x2

I know i felt great today when i woke up lol. not a lick for me last night. one of my friends on the other hand said he was not doing too good today. lol. steve

trick450r
03-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Stop poisoning yourself and you wont have to worry about it.

xtullyx16
03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
im not sure if you can do this (weak stomach or no access) but im a strong believer in drinking what u had the night b4 when u have a hangover..

03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Try and piss it out, drink a lot of water, too much gatorade will make you sick. If you want gatorade try a half and half, for every glass of gatorade you drink a glass of water. If I drink I always try to drink a lot of water even if I dont want to because I know it will help out. Just piss a few times and your good to go lol There was one time when I was sitting down for hours drinking and I felt perfectly fine, no nausea or anything. I got up and the room was spinning, sat back down and it continued to spin the rest of the night. I didnt know how to get to the kitchen for water for atleast an hour. Then when I got there I didnt know how to get water, luckily my friends girl helped me out. Then I would drink the water and half a minute later it would come back out then the dry heeves, ahhh new years was ****ty hahaha

ATVMX33
03-28-2010, 06:56 PM
trust me man... just a few weeks ago I passed out on the subway, woke up at a sketchy station in the middle of nowhere, went back to the closest station to my house, got on the bus, and walked 1/2 the way there. I woke up the next morning and finished my math homework at 8:30 AM.

I'm a big guy (6 foot 2ish, about 220lbs) so I think that has a lot to do with it.

ur 16????:huh

meankfx
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Food never sounds good the next day but I eat anyways and drink water and that takes away my pains.

Scro
03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Drink plenty of water, then go ride or something physical that you absolutely love doing. I have an hour drive to my favorite riding spot, and I used to feel like chit/puking on the way up there. But once I got there, I was fine after about an hour. Riding helped me take my mind off of it, plus it helped me sweat it all out of my system.

honda400ex2003
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
yee haha

Brilliant arent they? Starting young, it is good for the liver and brain, a win win for everyone involved. I for one like to keep my expensive brain cells that i have. lol steve

feuerstack411
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Man up.

honda400ex2003
03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the assumptions.

There is a difference between being out drinking EVERY weekend and maybe once every month or two months, like many of my friends are. I've never touched a drug, again unlike many of my friends who are out getting baked every lunch every day. Never touched a cigarette either, don't plan on doing that. If I'm driving I won't even touch a bottle of anything other than coke or iced tea.

You have to put it all in perspective. If I was getting 70's or worse in any of my courses, I would be at home every weekend studying my @$$ off. But I'm not. I'm getting high 80s and 90s at a private school in Toronto, one that is supposed to be one of the most academically challenging in Canada. We are part of a global high school program. I personally don't see the harm in having a bit of fun every once in a while as long as you aren't putting anyone in harms way, making stupid decisions, or failing at school

I hit a good nerve. Calm down it was a bit of comic relief in the thread. seems like all of the drinkers I know have to defend themselves no matter what with the same things as you at any age. Going out for a social activity or only once a month is the norm. True or not, in your case that is true. I really dont care if you get totally hammered every night or once a month, it is your life. lol. I was just funning around a bit. It seems like kids are drinking younger and younger everywhere, it is a terrible thing to see happening. the younger years are when the brain is developing and learning. It may not affect you now but who knows about 50 yrs, it could cause problems with your liver, brain, heart, anything. Have you ever met anyone with alzheimers? that could happen in the future. before you say it can happen to anyone, it can, you are correct. It may just be more prevalent to minors who start drinking in their early teens. I would be willing to bet money that in 50 yrs i will be able to remember more than you can at the same age. Maybe not, it has never been proven. or has it? as far as i am concerned I never have to drink to have a good time or anything, i can have a mountain dew or sprite or anything to have fun.

steve

KAWIRYDER
03-28-2010, 08:38 PM
You know what they say. " What ails you, Cures you" so have some more.:D Crackers or toast is always a helpful cure.

eastcoastpro20
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
drink another beer

madskrillz2
03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Best thing for me is a Vitamin Water Revive. Takes about an hour but once it kicks in you'll be good to go. I think they make it specifically for hangovers

spdygonzalez450
03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
burnt toast, and not just a little burnt i mean black, what it does is the carbon will soak up a lot of the booze. its the same idea that the chaser pills are, they are carbon pills and they just absorb the boozes, try that, and just drink more water. tums also work well for stomach problems just dont take too many.

TGW_400ex
03-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I've never had a hangover that long?

Scro
03-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I've never had a hangover that long?

I've had hangovers that lasted two mornings:p

Bradracer18
03-29-2010, 07:07 AM
I've had hangovers about that long ^^^^^.

The key is this.....First, if you can...its always good when you're drunk to eat some McDonalds/BK.....its good in the morning too. Greasy food is great. Also, Drink 1 full glass of water before you sleep (I used to throw in 2 Tylenol too...until someone finally convinced me not to further thin my blood). Anyways, then fill up your cup, and sit it by bed and drink it if/when you wake up during your sleep.

dns1764
03-29-2010, 08:15 AM
greasy food was the key. i went up to eat dinner, sat down, got right back up, puked my brains up, sat back down and ate some fried chicken. i felt fine afterwards

Quad18star
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
There's a few things to do BEFORE you go out drinking or go to bed.

First , if you know you're going out to party hard ... eat something greasy like someone else said. A big greasy slop ball from McD's will help you out.

Also before you call it a night , drink a BIG glass of water. Seems to do the trick.

I have friends that swear by taking 2 Advil before passing out... works for them. LOL

krt400ex
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
ur 16????:huh

canada is different than america bro. they start freakin young. 14 or younger often times. and legal drinking age is 18 there. most places, unless they are big time, dont card you so you can get in young. trust me, i had a gf who was french canadian. i know

Quad18star
03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
canada is different than america bro. they start freakin young. 14 or younger often times. and legal drinking age is 18 there. most places, unless they are big time, dont card you so you can get in young. trust me, i had a gf who was french canadian. i know

I was hitting the bars at 16 . Ontario the legal drinking age is 19. Quebec and some western provinces it's 18.

By the time I turned 19, the novelty of the bar scene had worn off.
If your parents buy you the alcohol and you're inside a residence , you're legal at whatever age.

krt400ex
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I was hitting the bars at 16 . Ontario the legal drinking age is 19. Quebec and some western provinces it's 18.

By the time I turned 19, the novelty of the bar scene had worn off.
If your parents buy you the alcohol and you're inside a residence , you're legal at whatever age.

lol my point exactly haha

ZBlaster
03-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Water. Lots of water. Alcohol dehydrates you, which is the main cause of hangovers. Drink a good bit of water before you plan on drinking, then after you finish drinking. Once you rehydrate you should feel fine. Also before you drink drink a glass of milk, milk coats your stomach which will also help.

Mattman88
03-30-2010, 11:32 PM
lots of water, milk and dorittos. sounds gross but it works like a charm

Sjorge450R
03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dns1764
greasy food was the key. i went up to eat dinner, sat down, got right back up, puked my brains up, sat back down and ate some fried chicken. i felt fine afterwards

I try to stay away from fast food recently, but nothings hits the spot like a good ole' Big Mac when your feeling down the next morning :bandit:

smr
03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
There's a few things to do BEFORE you go out drinking or go to bed.

First , if you know you're going out to party hard ... eat something greasy like someone else said. A big greasy slop ball from McD's will help you out.

Also before you call it a night , drink a BIG glass of water. Seems to do the trick.

I have friends that swear by taking 2 Advil before passing out... works for them. LOL

Quad18star is on the right track all but one thing. Never take pain killer while drinking. Pain killers affect your livers abilaty to process. This can cause problems that will show up years down the road. It's ok to take them a few hours after you quit drinking but don't take them while you are still drunk.

First off....hair of the dog is BS!! (another drink in the morning) Unless you get plum drunk again it ain't gonna work and it will make it worse.

Water.....a big glass of water in the morning does NOT make you drunk again, It does however rehydrate you. (90% of a hangover is dehydration). Take that big glass of water before you go to bed and as soon as you wake up.

Food....just like many have said. Eat, that slows down your body's ability to process alcohal and really cuts down on the hang over effect.

gtt416ex
03-31-2010, 12:02 PM
this may sound stupid but its an old trick dad used to do. if you have an oxygen acetylene torch, just turn the oxygen on and leave the acetylene off, and take one or two breaths of straight oxygen. That'll make a hangover dissapear.

Sjorge450R
03-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure if inhaled too much pure O2 is dangerous.

gtt416ex
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
if it was dangerous, they wouldn't give oxygen tanks to people that has lung problems. i'm just saying one or two breaths, not stand there for fifteen minutes and breath striaght O2. when you have a hangover, you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain. It's the same as drinking a bunch of water, but doesn't take as long

yam450_53
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
lol this thread is funny. I guess it's different for each person, but the best thing to do as greg said is to have a good meal before going out, and drink as much water as you can before going to bed... that way you won't feel like you've swallowed an ashtray the next morning. Tylenol or advil won't do *****. Oh and go away "straight edgers" with your silly comments, seriously...

JRP
03-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Heres my philosophy about everything.... Im only 19, almost 20. Ive learned that if you go out to party, and u drink, and u wake up the next morning and feel liek chit, don't come on to atvriders.com and make a thread asking how to make it go away. YOU did it to yourself, so YOU take care of it. Like kurt said, man up. After one time of getting sick, then getting worse, then even worse, I haven't gotten drunk since. Not worth it in my opinion, and once again, all of this is just my opinion.

trx310R#24
04-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
Water. Lots of water. Alcohol dehydrates you, which is the main cause of hangovers. Drink a good bit of water before you plan on drinking, then after you finish drinking. Once you rehydrate you should feel fine. Also before you drink drink a glass of milk, milk coats your stomach which will also help.

milk? now thats just mean... lol for real.

yam450_53
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Heres my philosophy about everything.... Im only 19, almost 20. Ive learned that if you go out to party, and u drink, and u wake up the next morning and feel liek chit, don't come on to atvriders.com and make a thread asking how to make it go away. YOU did it to yourself, so YOU take care of it. Like kurt said, man up. After one time of getting sick, then getting worse, then even worse, I haven't gotten drunk since. Not worth it in my opinion, and once again, all of this is just my opinion.

I agree with the first part, but then you talk about getting sick all the time. There's a way to drink in moderation and still have fun, there's no need to get ****faced everytime you open a beer bottle.

ZBlaster
04-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
milk? now thats just mean... lol for real.

Dead serious, before you drink if you drink milk it coats your stomach.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Milk doesn't coat your stomach, but it is the trick however!

Milk helps to regenerate your red blood cells. As well as any vitamin D.

Also no one mentioned Ant-acid tablets. The alcohol makes your PH more acidic and the ant acid tablet will help to return it to normal.

So my idea of the perfect way to cure a hangover is pop an Ant-acid tablet or two, drink a glass of milk and have a high protein breakfast followed by lots of water. I've taken multiple anatomy courses and hangover stuff has come up a few times.

JRP
04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by yam450_53
I agree with the first part, but then you talk about getting sick all the time. There's a way to drink in moderation and still have fun, there's no need to get ****faced everytime you open a beer bottle.

oh no, i only got sick once in my life from drinking, and ive never done it again since. I completely agree with you too, ill have a few beers till i feel good, then stop, alot of people can't do that though!

Ruby Soho
04-02-2010, 10:54 AM
water and time. doing that right now:blah:

reconmaster
04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
beef jerkey and chips cured my last one in march of 09...

DEVINF450R
04-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone else not get hangovers? I dunno why but I've never had one, no matter what happened the night before....

You're not old enough... I could do the same thing 5 yrs ago lol

DEVINF450R
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by gtt416ex
this may sound stupid but its an old trick dad used to do. if you have an oxygen acetylene torch, just turn the oxygen on and leave the acetylene off, and take one or two breaths of straight oxygen. That'll make a hangover dissapear.

I work at a hospital and all of us do this if we are hungover... it works.... helps regular headaches too. Y do you thing 90% of all patients that have a hospital stay are on O2? because it helps fatigue and makes the body more efficient

Honda400exrox
04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
haha i was in the same boat as the original poster last weekend...i started the nite off with a couple stiff whisk drinks and some mutt i was boozin with started to drink my chase, so i was standin there about to make my third and apparently i spent the rest of the night just chuggin outta the bottle till it was gone, woke up in the morning and i felt like i was dead couldnt even keep down a tylenol rapid realese lmao....i jsut kept puttin water into me and it would come out i just repeated the process till i could keep it into me....truth is there is no cure for hangovers except for hydration and pukin out what ever your liver isn't going to process, its your bodys way of gettin back at you for what you did to it the night before.