PDA

View Full Version : dvx 400 HELP!

dvx400_boy
03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
OK so i was going for a ride today and when i started my wheeler up in the back to take it out front to put gas in it. i shut if off then it was running after i did it and i gave it some gas and it died. after a while i got it going around the block and it was spitting terribly. every time i brapped on it it got to an rpm and spit... i got back home from around the block and shut it off cause on the back stretch it ran good. i got it to 5th gear good so i thought it was good then all of a sudden it starts like spraying oil out ontop of the head gasket and everywhere there is a seal oil is comming from it. when i changed the oil i gave it a whole quart but it was supposed to take 1.8 or something and it spewed at just about 1.0 so i got as much oil as i could out... i went on a ride last week and everything was perfect...any idea why it is doing this now?? ok i got it to run by draining some oil but it still isnt running right. it has no tourqe. every time i would brap on it it was like act like it has no gas... WTF! like it keeps starting and running then i brap on it and it dies, or i have to rev it hard to keep it going, and sometimes when im stopped and slowly let the clutch out it stalls, and yes i know how to run a clutch very well... so its not that...maybe i have some bad gas? should i put some of that like dry gas or somethin in?

John Noftsinger
03-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Drain tank put new gas and see whats up sounds like bad gas ,and i did same thing with oil put too much and it came out oil tank and got everywhere even in airbox ,also check carb pull it off and clean out had same problem with carb found small piece of dirt in it ran great afterwards. hope this helps.

dvx400_boy
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
ok ill try that! my dad also said that i may have blown a head gasket and now its running lean so when im trying to get that power out of it it is sucking air into the pistins or something... could that be a possibilty or no? seeing i have already run it o and i forgot to add this. it has stage 2 hot cams and the guy i bought it from said i should run 93 octance with a 103 octane boost. and i didnt know this but the gas i had in a gas can at the house was 89... haha and no octane boost. now with this said would it be leaning more toward the gas part or gasket replacement?

dvx400_boy
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
ok i got it back and they said nothing was wrong with it... now it rides fine... haha o well it was 30 bucks

John Noftsinger
04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
wow!they only charged you 30 thats awesome glad to hear nothing wrong have fun riding,its an awesome quad.

dvx400_boy
04-05-2010, 05:52 PM
thanks man you to0o!