PDA

View Full Version : where do the fluids go?

buck440
03-28-2010, 08:09 AM
does a 01 cr250r take tranny fluid? where does it go? same with oil.

LTandRaptorider
03-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, it takes tranny fluid. Look for the filler cap on top of the crankcase, right side. Check manual or someone else can give you tips on what kind of oil. Anywhere from 10w30 or an 80w gear oil. If using a motor oil don't use any with friction modifiers. Those kind say "energy conserving". You want an oil for wet clutch applications only. Again check manual or someone can give you the capacity. Since it's a 2-stroke, no crankcase oil is used. The engine gets lubed from the 2-stroke oil mixed in the gas. Sorry I don't know the specs on the CR250R, but this gives you an idea. :cool:

krt400ex
03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
usually they are like 800ml that goes in the transmission. most bikes are around that number. its actually usually stamped on the right side cases on the clutch cover. around 3/4 of a litre or so and you are about where you wanna be. if there is a sight glass, then about half way up it with the bike on level ground and sitting up. i run bel-ray gear saver. its great and it works wonders on a sticky clutch

buck440
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
alright thanks, i just wanted to ride it once after i got it last night and man holly hell this is my first ever two stroke and i already ripped off the back fender due to a wild *** power band lol. is gear oil prefered over oil?

Hondamaster5505
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I've always used 10w-30 in my banshee, or even just 30 weight oil in general.

jcs003
03-28-2010, 02:05 PM
i use 80w-90 in my 250r. amsoil domonator for my premix.

K-Dub
03-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Go to your local honda dealer and get a bottle of tranny fluid, its 80w. It will be a red round bottle with a black cap and say trany fluid on it. With the tranny drained and drain plug reinstalled your ready to refill the tranny. On a CR, remove the black cap on the right side cover. The pipe will go about straight over it. Just below that cap about half way down the side case there will be a bolt with a phillips screw driver slot in it. Use a 10mm socket and remove this bolt. With the bolt out fill the oil in the hole where you removed the black cap until oil just starts coming out of the side of the case where you removed the bolt. Put the bolt in the side of the cover, now put the black cap back into the top of the case and your ready to ride. To check the tranny oil just remove the bolt from the side of the case with the phillips slot and make sure you have oil in that hole. Engine oil Amsoil Dominator.