PDA

View Full Version : HMF quiet core question

bigbad400
03-28-2010, 07:08 AM
so yesterday i installed the quiet core i baught for stealth mode when im being naughty, and this may sound stupid but it felt like i gained power from it. 3rd feels way more snappy and seems to have power for days. befor 4th would bog out on hills and now it holds power and climbs right up. is it possible that the quiet core made that? i didnt do anything except fill the tank and put the quiet core in.

also i may as well give my review. for the 25 dollars i paid for the quiet core, i am in love, it really quiets it down, i cant hear it run now if i go in my house, befor it rumbled the house. if im riding with people it is kinda hard to hear mine to know when to shift, like racing or anything. but for what i do its perfect. i believe it can be used with the spark screen too.

Duf6
03-28-2010, 01:34 PM
that all sounds good to me i'm going to go get one tomarrow, also the added back pressure might be giving you more low end grunt

MidnightBlade
03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
yea thats the same as the white bros e-series and supertrapp IDS2. more plates=quieter, more plates=more backpressure, more backpressure=alot more bottom end and a little less top end(not much though)

MidnightBlade
03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
although too much backpressure can cause problems and blow the head gasket. the exhausts are made specifically for their mods some may make less power and some may make more. you never know lol

bigbad400
03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
ahhh i see, good point. i like the loud pipe thow. but times around the country side i cant let the farmers know im on there land. lmao its not my fault the trail goes right through it.