PDA

View Full Version : need help, cherry bomb vs motoworks programer?

wona go fast
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
hey i have 06 ltr and i got a cherry bomb first day loved it but happen to get a moto works bypass and the fmi unit for good price but the power curve just isnt like the cherry bomb does and one else have the motoworks fmi tuner i just have baffle out and no air boc lid.. what settings on the programmer r u runing??? its reving out to fast. and i also turned it off and just ran the bypass and it was rllllyyyy slow
any sugestions?????

panici33
03-27-2010, 11:54 PM
I run the Motoworks FMI with the cherry bomb, but I also have the full system exhaust and no air box. Ditch the FMI and just stick with the cherry bomb if you have stock exhaust; it's not necessary to have the FMI if you're just running with the baffle out and lid off that's why it's running like crap. Check out Motoworks' website though, they might have the settings on there for baffle out, lid off. If not call them; they are very helpful.

If you go with a full race exhaust, ditch the Motorworks FMI and go with a PC III, V, or something similar. There is not much adjustability with the Motorworks FMI like you would have with the PC, especially if you have more engine modifications. I will be selling mine and getting PCV very soon. I might be selling my exhaust too, so let me know if you're interested. ;)

wona go fast
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
ya i got there rec, settings and set it up and i guess it runs alright but not like it did with the cherry bomb, and the shop i got it done at kep my cherry bomb and gave me the moto works bypass unit with the programmer, so now i cant compare the two,

and i turned the fmi off and just used the bypass and it had no power at all. anyone else notice difrence between motoworks bypass and the cherry bomb?

i will probly eventually get a full system and mod the intake little bit but just got 400 worth the parts and the exhuast wasnt on there lol, did get new filter tho
thx, for the help and plz any other suggestions throw them up ill see what i can do in the next couple days playing with the lights on fmi

what settings r u running? main thing is red/blue? and yellow/blue? i think those are whats causeing it to rev out to fast