PDA

View Full Version : Another No Start

RichM1983
03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
With some of the reading on this site I've done I found that one problem may be the reverse can get out of sync and cause my problem. I just don't know how to fix this problem. Thanks.

2003 Yamaha Warrior
My problem is simple, when I hit the start button nothing happens.

I can turn the key on, turn it to run and jump the solenoid posts and the thing starts right up. The neutral light works and so do the lights. I tried with the clutch pulled in and it didn’t make a difference.

I tried to wiggle wires and look if something came un-plugged. I don’t see anything. The last time I parked it everything was fine.

Any ideas? I need to get this fixed ASAP because I am supposed to deliver it to the person tomorrow who just bought it from me.

ahama
04-02-2010, 12:50 AM
change the solnoilde and check for lose wires at the battery and the solnoilde i hade the same issue any ? email. me at rednecksoldier15@hotmail.com and ill give you my number to call

RichM1983
04-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks. I checked the wires and found one unplugged. Now the problem is it wont rev. It idles great but as soon as you give it gas it cuts out and backfires and smells like gas. I think the parking brake sensor is messing up and kicking in the rev limiter.

Hopefully at least.

Thanks for your time.

ahama
04-04-2010, 03:18 PM
YOU CAN TAKE THE REV LIMITER OFF. THAT WAS THE FIRST THINGTHAT I DID CHECK TI MAKE SURE THAT THE CARB IS SEALED.AND THE BOOT HAS NO CRACKSIN IT THAT IS JUST THE FIRST SIMPLE THING TO TRY LET ME KNOW BRO

THANKS

beastlywarrior
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
there isnt rev limiters on the motors

RichM1983
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Figured out the problem. The rev limiter was kicking in from the parking braeak. I simply unplugged those wires and taped em off and and the bike runs great again.

No more cutting out or rev limiter anymore.

RichM1983
04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
there isnt rev limiters on the motors

Actually there are rev limiters. Maybe not for all years but for the 03 I have the CDI will limit the RPM's under certain situations.

beastlywarrior
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
yep thats what mine is its an 03, the onl limiter that it has is like you said the one for the parking brake. yamaha designed these motors to rev until the valves float, which acts as your rev limiter. this doesn't hurt the motor at all. the way you can get them to rev higher is to add some hd valve springs.

also i should've thought about the p.brake limiter, most guys on yfm have had nothing but problems with them and they just get rid of the whole thing. this is next for me to do.:macho :D

ahama
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
when people say rev limters they mean the rev limteron the parking break. if you know what i was talking about then why did you try to correct me. look i know what im talking about i dont need you to try to correct me . unless i spell something wrong thanks