PDA

View Full Version : first flatrack race

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:18 PM
I attended my first flattrack race this wk end and her are some of the pics I took..After seeing thses runnin out there,Im not sure I stand a chance out there..:( ..Man what a rush to watch though!Makes me want to get out there and tear it up!:blah I threw a few odds and ends in here too of other stuff racing same night..enjoy..;)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:19 PM
2)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:20 PM
another...

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:21 PM
4)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
:blah :eek: :D

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:24 PM
another good rider and a saweet shee too!!:blah

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:26 PM
:)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:28 PM
this one was a screamer...:blah

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:29 PM
9)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:30 PM
10)

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:30 PM
:(

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:31 PM
:eek:

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:32 PM
:D

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:34 PM
:p

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:36 PM
again... he really needed a set of tires..:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 03:38 PM
:)

Rip_Tear
01-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks for reposting those QJ!! :D So you dont think your going to race flat track anymore?

Ryan
01-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Great pictures QJ! So how did you like Flattracking? What place did you get? And are you running a TT setup?

You said you had a small track by your house...... That thing is twice the size of ours over here ;) Also, ours is kinda like a paved track, not dirt. We also don't have a fence around the track, its actually very dangerous.

Good Job on your first race! :D

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Thanks for reposting those QJ!! :D So you dont think your going to race flat track anymore? No, nO.... I didnt race this one guys;) I just went to see what runs and what they run on ther machines before I go try it, im a lil worried... they are MUCH better riders than I am:( :( ... So this is a bigger track then huh? i was thinking it was pretty small,but I ahve neer seen a race so I didnt have much to comapre to I guess:) .. Im going to see if I can run the track first, then see if Im ready for it..:D

Ex_Rider43
01-28-2003, 03:42 PM
wow thats a nice track!!! is this inside a arena?? I wish we could have a lot of races here.... I was 15 when I entered my first TT event and the staff at the track was affraid they told me to stay behind the pack and to stay on the side of the track . I won the 4 stroke class and I got 4th place overall with the banshees. Not to bad for my first race I think!! this summer I will go to more races and I will maybe buy some american racers to be competitive

QuadJunkies
01-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
wow thats a nice track!!! is this inside a arena?? I wish we could have a lot of races here.... I was 15 when I entered my first TT event and the staff at the track was affraid they told me to stay behind the pack and to stay on the side of the track . I won the 4 stroke class and I got 4th place overall with the banshees. Not to bad for my first race I think!! this summer I will go to more races and I will maybe buy some american racers to be competitive yes,this is indoor arena..and yes.not bad at all if you ask me about your placing....good job!:D

seven
01-28-2003, 03:56 PM
This track has been around for about ten years now. We run mostly a mx style tire setup with the back lowered. Once in a while it will develop into a blue groove then the hoosiers tire setup works best.The link to races and dates are http://www.omcracing.com.

QuadJunkies
01-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by seven
This track has been around for about ten years now. We run mostly a mx style tire setup with the back lowered. Once in a while it will develop into a blue groove then the hoosiers tire setup works best.The link to races and dates are http://www.omcracing.com. Seven~~ Were you there this ek end?? Did you race?? I thought you mentioned you werent this year,but wondered if I saw you race?? Man that guy on the Raptor and the R were sure flyin! I talked to someone out there this wk end about getting my Daughter and a few of the minis out threre as weel, My husband Troy may race this ek end out there as well...:)

seven
01-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I was snowmobiling on saturday and i forgot that they were racing. I am trying to stay away from the race scene this year.The guy on the raptor started flat tracking last summer and the guy on the R is either Denis Huggins Or Ryan Huggins,they switch bikes once in a while. The key to going fast on that track is tire setup. What class will your husband be running?Thay have pro and amature classes. AT the very least he will need to use a tie strap on the rear to lower it. Also tire pressure, I am not sure what tires you run but i would start out about 9 in the front and 5 in the rear if you are not running beadlocks THe key is adjusting your tire pressure to the track conditions. MAybe i will go out to the next race and watch.

Ex_Rider43
01-28-2003, 06:18 PM
thanks quadjunkies ill get some pics tommarow my girlfriend have them

QuadJunkies
01-28-2003, 08:51 PM
I was snowmobiling on saturday and i forgot that they were racing. I am trying to stay away from the race scene this year.The guy on the raptor started flat tracking last summer and the guy on the R is either Denis Huggins Or Ryan Huggins,they switch bikes once in a while. The key to going fast on that track is tire setup. What class will your husband be running?Thay have pro and amature classes. AT the very least he will need to use a tie strap on the rear to lower it. Also tire pressure, I am not sure what tires you run but i would start out about 9 in the front and 5 in the rear if you are not running beadlocks THe key is adjusting your tire pressure to the track conditions. MAybe i will go out to the next race and watch. Thanks for the info, good to know since you knowthe track conditions out here..Im sure he will run the amatuer first.He will run stock rt now he us running on Razrs,and we all know that isnt the way to go after seeing the Predator running them...I notice most were running Turf Tamers..He knows of a friend out there that races that has a track at his house and may go practice on it this week.We will have to hook up sometime.Do you ever go out to Weiser to ride? that is by far out favorite place to ride locally.Again,thanks for the info.~~~..exrider52..~~~ Get those pics up!!:D :blah

seven
01-29-2003, 05:37 AM
I ride out there every once in a while. If you let me know in advance when you are headed over there I will get a group of us together and head over also. Most of the time we take the camper out and just stay over night.

QuadJunkies
01-29-2003, 08:21 AM
I ride out there every once in a while. If you let me know in advance when you are headed over there I will get a group of us together and head over also. Most of the time we take the camper out and just stay over night. We camp outalot therre in the summer,prol camp in June over fathers day, I hear ther is lot of riders out that day..Sounds good.;) Ill Pm you and Ill let you know for sure if he plans to race this wk end and maybe I could meet ya out at the races sometime...

QuadJunkies
01-29-2003, 08:21 AM
I ride out there every once in a while. If you let me know in advance when you are headed over there I will get a group of us together and head over also. Most of the time we take the camper out and just stay over night. We camp outalot therre in the summer,prol camp in June over fathers day, I hear ther is lot of riders out that day..Sounds good.;) Ill Pm you and Ill let you know for sure if he plans to race this wk end and maybe I could meet ya out at the races sometime...