PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust - interchangeable?

maryland450r
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I know most of the 250r pipes and silencers are interchangeable, but has anyone used an LRD pipe or silencer with another brand pipe or silencer? I don't want to waste money on components and find out they don't fit each other.

I knw it is best to probably keep silencers/ pipes matched with their sibling but I am stuck with deciding what I want to use....
LRD adjustable pipe
CT National pipe
ESR TRX 5 (had this on my old R)

I really want to use the LRD silencer because I love how it looks.

Thanks!

woodsracer144
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by maryland450r
I know most of the 250r pipes and silencers are interchangeable, but has anyone used an LRD pipe or silencer with another brand pipe or silencer? I don't want to waste money on components and find out they don't fit each other.

I knw it is best to probably keep silencers/ pipes matched with their sibling but I am stuck with deciding what I want to use....
LRD adjustable pipe
CT National pipe
ESR TRX 5 (had this on my old R)

I really want to use the LRD silencer because I love how it looks.

Thanks!

as long as the lrd isnt the BB then you can run that scilencer with any exhaust system... i've only ran the LRD or sparks TT or mx exhaust and the fmf fattys as well but other then that thats all i've use, i used the LRD the most...

maryland450r
03-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Ok, cool. I was sure at least someone would have tried it. You always seem to see the LRD sold as a package, so I was just afraid it was a propietary design or something.

woodsracer144
03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by maryland450r
Ok, cool. I was sure at least someone would have tried it. You always seem to see the LRD sold as a package, so I was just afraid it was a propietary design or something.

only the Big bores are different where the scilencer mounts on the header its 1 and a qtr inches, over the normal 1 I think, thats what i was told...

atvmxr
03-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Paul turner is the one you have to watch out for, they usually have odd bends and/or change the pipe to silencer joint location.

I have ran my LRD with a FMF silencer no problems. I a couple of sparks silencers I can see if it fits on the LRD (not they are not for sale ;) still have a couple more Rs to get built up )

maryland450r
03-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys! I do feel more comfortable now. I do have a Paul Turner laying around but probably wasnt going to use it anyways because it has a few dents in it.

brokenmike
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I just built an 88r the other week with a lrd head pipe and an FMF silencer and it works great