PDA

View Full Version : cylinder seems hotter than normal after carb change...

jcs003
03-26-2010, 03:21 PM
i changed my carb from stock to a new lectron 38. after riding for about 25-30 minutes my cylinder seems hotter than normal. i may just be paranoid.

checked the plug and it is perfect tan. as compared to the plug chart.

should the jug be hot to the touch? or am i just worring about nothing?

woodsracer144
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
the cyl should be hot from the oe carb as well but im not sure how hot it should get...

LONG-ROD
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I have a temp gauge on mine.. it will hit 210 tops and it will burn you pretty good if you feel the need to stick your hand down their.. do some plug chops. you cant read a plug without cutting it. and reading the ring. and with pump gas who knows what color it will turn the tip of a plug.. does that carb use jets ?

jcs003
03-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by LONG-ROD
I have a temp gauge on mine.. it will hit 210 tops and it will burn you pretty good if you feel the need to stick your hand down their.. do some plug chops. you cant read a plug without cutting it. and reading the ring. and with pump gas who knows what color it will turn the tip of a plug.. does that carb use jets ?

no, it uses a metering rod and a "power-jet". the power jet is to help with the high mid to top power. the carb works without a powerjet, it is just an upgrade.

well, 210* for the coolant, depending on the rate at which the coolant ransferes the heat, im thinking the cylinder would be around 500*