PDA

View Full Version : is fan or temp light better?

bean2080
03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
i was wondering if i should just keep my temp light and and fan the factory set up or if i should get rid of the temp light and just have the fan run all the time? i know alot of people do both on here and i was just wanting some opinions.

the thing im thinking is, if i just have the fan all the time and it would just quit working, how would i know? i wont have a temp light to show me. i cant keep on seeing if its still working durring a race all the time. at some races i have to tape my bumper up to catch all the mud to getting in the radiator fins, which the tape does cut down on alot of air flow. i know that i could toggle the fan but i dont really want to do that, thats just more wiring.

but i was just wanting to know what you all thought about this, i race XC so theres alot of mud to make things run hot and the races are about two hours each. i am not asking how to wire it, i already know everything about that, i just want to know what you all think would be better for me.
thanks

nskukalek79
03-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I would personally just leave it stock. Let the motor run at its proper temperature by letting it adjust itself.

But thats just my opinion...leave it stock