PDA

View Full Version : First GNCC Race Questions

snacob14
03-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, never been to one of these races. I race a local series here in missouri. What should I prepare for. We race a lot of tight stuff here. Usually a 7 mile loop that is 80% tight woods. It looks like the gncc's are a little more open than that so i'm planning on running stock front gear on my honda 450r. Will there be a motocross section in the morning classes at Loretta Lynns? Will I need to change my number plate colors? I'm assuming they will give me a number at the race, but is it necessary to have a rear number plate or do you just need the number on the side of your helmet? What time should I get there the morning of the race to get all of this done? Any other info would help greatly.

ECOR#8
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
ive never raced at lorettas so i cant answer your question on the track layout. however if you plan on registering and going through tech in the morning i would suggest being there by 8 so you have plenty of time to get all that done and out of the way. as far as your # plates are concerned it really dosent matter, i race college b in the afternoon and i have blue # plates on my yfz, all theyre really concerned about is the #'s on the stickers for your helmet all the scoring is done by transponders anyway they just give you #'s in case of the transponder failing

snacob14
03-26-2010, 09:28 AM
what do they look for in tech inspections

ECOR#8
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
when you sign up they give you a sticker that is color coded for the class your run. they just check to make sure you placed the stickers at the proper place on your helmet and its the sticker for the class youre running and they have you pull you tether cord to make sure your kill switch works

Scro
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by snacob14
what do they look for in tech inspections

They make sure you stickers are in their proper location, and that your killswitch is working.

fastredrider44
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
They also make sure that your transponder is working. If you don't plan on racing the whole series, I'd just rent one. $15 gate fee, possible camp fee, $40 to race, $10 for the transponder rental. The number plates are no big deal, just run a slash through your numbers with tape if you're worried about it. No rear number plate needed. The morning track at Lorettas will not have any of the MX track in it. Definately want to go to tech inspection early down there, and if you stay the night, you can sign up and ride through tech on Friday.

snacob14
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I think i'm going to race the C class. Hows the competition in that class. I raced C class last year in a local series OXC, and ended uplike 6th overall. I"m thinking 24+ C in the morning would be a good class for me. Anyone else race that class?

ECOR#8
03-26-2010, 01:07 PM
last year i raced the 16-19 c class and ran in the top 10 all year. that class was pretty competitive and the top 5 guys are easily top in college b this year. not sure how 24+ is.

prepracing
03-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Lorettas is fast paced and pretty open, I always ran my highest sprocket set up there for all the open areas. They used to run the motocross track but have not in past few years. But u never know, they may decide to this year but if they do all the jumps are always rounded off so even us amatuers roll thru it with no problems. Tech inspection checks your helment stickers, kill switch functioning and sometimes they do a exhasut decibal check but the decibal check is just random, u never know what race they will or will not. If u do not have a national gncc number u are usually asked to take tape and cross out your number plates. Your helment number and barcode transponder is all that is acutally used for scoring. Lorettas is a great track and always has a big turnout of racers and spectators !