PDA

View Full Version : New pipe and CDI results

seabeebuggy
03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
My 2010 outlay is slow. So I added the pipe, Hertic kind re-branded, Took it out for a ride and it was much better than the stock. The stock would move me but not very fast and it would stumble sort of. With the Pipe it would run to the top of the RPM on the stock CDI.. Then I added the CDI. It revved faster and higher for sure. Still seems like it is held back on the rpm but who know is it moving the clutches and what not.. When I took it out for a ride it was much more peppy. I am 350 lbs. it moved me faster than I wanted to go. The next test was to get my son off the Wii. I asked him to take it for a ride, He is 5 and knows nothing about power adders. He hit the gas and it took off. It never took off before. he quickly was in awe. He said it feels like the KFX80. He does not care to ride the KFX 80 due to the extra power it has. If i had to say is it worth 500$ Well I guess yes if you have the bike already or picked up a cheep costing bike. If your buying new and think you want to or will need to add power then NO. Buy a 2 stroke Polaris or other. I did get a good deal on this set up and I thank him for selling it to me. The real test will be at the dunes next week. Perhaps it will make it up the sand hill.

jetta75
03-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I got about the same results after pipe/cdi combo. It was peppier, but don't think it would be worth the $ if I hadn't bought mine used also. I haven't done anything to the clutch yet either. Mine was never sluggish stock though. He went on most of the trails my buddies and I go on at the state parks with no problems. I'm just over the limit at 175 and it pulled me around the house fine. It was actually a little too much fun and tore up the yard a few times. Does your on/off switch work anymore? After installing same adjustable CDI my off switch will not work. The on will work. I have to shut off with the key. Don't have the stock kill switch hooked up anymore either.

seabeebuggy
03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes the switch shuts everything off. It will not even turn over with the kill switch on the off spot. I don't remember that before.

I did not get instructions on the 3* advance, what is what on adjusting it? I centered it and could not see any change.

I also checked my clutch and the rear clutch is getting used all the way down. The front pulley rides all the way up till about 1/4'' from the top Not sure what springs or weights will do?

jetta75
03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Same here on no directions and adjusted to the middle. couldn't tell the diff. between 0 and 10. Haven't even opened the clutch cover yet. New baby and my garage time has about dissapeared. Same reason I haven't hooked up the pro armor kill switch I had on it before or trouble shot the off switch not working. It stopped when I hooked up the CDI. What did you do with the two wires that were hooked to the stock coil?

seabeebuggy
03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I left the stock coil alone. I zip tied the spark plug boot and wire to the frame. The wires from the new cdi went direct to the OLD cdi plugs. I just unplugged both connectors from the old cdi and reconnected it to the new. I even left the old cdi where it was in case of a fail while ridding.

seabeebuggy
09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
After taking it to the dunes it would go a little more but still failed to get up a basic small hill. It works great in the flat area. I would not buy this quad if your into sand. It does great in the dirt.