PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

lauvrayracing
03-26-2010, 02:40 AM
I am looking at possibly getting a 90 for one or maybe two of my boys but have never seen a Pitster let alone see how my boys would fit on it. I have a 9 1/2 year old who weighs about 60-70 lbs and is probably around 54" tall. Anybody else have a boy this size riding a Pitster 90? Also curious who can or who everyone suggest to go to for engine mods after he gets used to the quad. Thanks for your help, and good luck racing this year.

Raged66
03-26-2010, 03:28 AM
I just posted a picture of my son riding his pitster. He is 10 years old, 80 pounds 57" inches tall and we purchased the 150 but are changing it over to a 125 so he can race it. It fits him great!

lauvrayracing
03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
How long has your boy been shifting? We are making a big jump from the 50cc limited class (DRX 50 with hetrick cylinder) to possibly the 90 class. He didn't race this past year due to me being deployed. I was planning on going with the 90 due to this reason but have thought about going to the 125 since that is the max for the class. Just worried about frustrating him with shifting and all the additional power. How long have you had your pitster, and how has the reliability been? And again, have you heard of anyone who has dipped into modding their motors yet? Appreciate you help. Good luck with the engine swap and the racing you have planned.

Raged66
03-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Tylor has been shifting since he was 6 years old. I started him on dirtbikes and he got the clutch and shifting fairly fast. He only destroyed 1 clutch..lol.
We have only owned the FXR for a couple weeks now but Tylor has put it through a good workout. We have had no real issues with it. A few loose bolts here and there (loctite is your best friend) I will let you know how everything holds up after a few races. As far a engine mods.. I'm sure I will know alot more shortly.

lauvrayracing
03-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks, please keep me up to date with how the machine works out. Like I said I am looking at possibly getting one for him when I get back to the states here in about a month or so. Not sure how far away from Pittsburgh you are but my nest assignment for the army is up there. Should be there by the end of June. Good Luck this season.

Three-foot
03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
The Pister FXR125 also comes in a semi-auto (no clutch lever) version. It is a shift and go much like a TRX90. The manual clutch will give you a much better holeshot. You can also change the clutch basket to the higher ratio which will make the shifting much smoother both up and down. Over all the Pitster is a great mini. I would very much agree that you will need to go through the entire mini and check all the nuts and bolts, much like you should do with most minis. Dollar for dollar you will not find any mini with as much bling and extras for the money as you will on the Pitster Pro line of minis.
Out of the box the 125 will be a short shift max out fast mini. That is due to the CPSC ruling. The 125 in stock form will top out at roughly 27 mph.