View Full Version : why i wair a helmet

660bigdaddy
01-27-2003, 02:12 PM
(oops i spelled wear wrong. oh well ) an earlier post was closed because of a discussion on why you should or shouldn't. well i have a little story as to why you should.
there was about 6 of us guys out riding last spring and we're buzzing down the trail. not to fast, just a nice pace. and the guy in front of me runs over a branch that was lying on the trail. the branch was about 2-3" in diameter and had a funky bend in it. well the branch started to roll down the trail and as i approached it it bounced/twisted up and caught me right at eye level. the branch put a full crease in my goggles and cracked the bill on my helmet in 3 different spots. it hit me so hard i lost grip of the bars and almost knocked me off the back. after regaining control and stopped. i was dazed to say the least. the guy behind couldn't believe how hard the thing hit me. after shaking out the cobwebs, we continued on. but trying to ride with my goggles the way they were. i decided to call it a day.
lesson learned. always wear helmet and goggles. just my 2 cents

honda400exrider
01-27-2003, 02:19 PM
good lesson! lol

250x#93
01-27-2003, 02:46 PM
I hate stupid branches:D

HondaRancherES
01-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Branches hurt and they also pop out from nowhere, I always wear my helmet due to the fact trees in general or a 513 pd quad rolling on you hurts alot.

honda400exrider
01-27-2003, 05:34 PM
oo that reminds me... a long time ago, in the summer of last year, i hit amud puddle with just a helmet and i got a huge glob of mud right in my eye. i couldnt see outa that eye for over an hor, and was scared that i might have ****ed my eye up. thankfully i didnt mess nething up, but as a rule of thumb now, i just wear my goggles.

wheeltrax
01-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I think my friend learned his lesson about goggles too, he went to hit a jump and when he landed, the gas cap fell of and he got gas in his eye. If he was wearing the goggles that wouldnt have happend. He must not have had the cap on well either, but without the goggles that made it worse.

trailburner
01-27-2003, 08:36 PM
If you don't need to wear a helmet you can't be having fun!!!

Str8Wicked
01-28-2003, 09:51 AM
We ride a lot in Canta Mar Mexico where there is no law about riding with helmets. To say the least I wear one all the time while on rides. If I am moving the quad around camp than I usually don't have one on but anytime I get on with the intension to ride I always have mine on..

Nausty
01-29-2003, 10:11 PM
yah one should always wear a helmet, its so easy to put on, doesn't hinder your riding or movement that much and can help so much. Not only does it help protect you from being a vegtible but even if the crash isn't life threating scars on the face are cool.

Jimmy Lee
02-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Eye Wair mine Helmet two keep frum getin Brane damages
JJ