PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem 300ex - Frustration

400thacker
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I just bought this 300ex that didn't have a battery. we used jumper cables on a car battery (car wasn't running) and started it and everything was fine. when I got it home I couldn't roll start without the battery and now it will not run without a battery at all. if you disconnect the battery, it dies
if I unplug the rectangle plug coming from the stator it dies so the stator is working on that side but I don't know if it's working on the rectifier side or not.

what could cause this problem?

and the heavy red wire with the inline fuse that goes to the battery is disconnected and they have another wire running from the battery into the wiring harness on the front side of the steering stem.

basically it's running off of the batter and I don't know why.

BTW i have a 250x for parts that still runs but needs rings. what should I start with?

I really appreciate the help guys

400thacker
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
well I have the right voltage on my battery and going into my rectifier but less than 1 volt thats coming out of the rectifier. when I rev, it goes up but not over 2 volts. it revved up to 16 volts going into the rectifier what can I do to fix this or is this the way it should be?