PDA

View Full Version : ATTN all outdoor enthusiasts

honda400ex2003
03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello All:

Yellowstone is again trying to close our national park to snowmobiles again. Here is a link to a very good post on snowest.com explaining all the details and how you can comment on this situation.

The Park Service is taking comments until the end of the month, so I you would like to comment follow the link in the post bellow, there is a link to comment and a general discussion of the subject.

Click this link to Hello All:

Yellowstone is again trying to close our national park to snowmobiles again. Here is a link to a very good post on snowest.com explaining all the details and how you can comment on this situation.

The Park Service is taking comments until the end of the month, so I you would like to comment follow the link in the post bellow, there is a link to comment and a general discussion of the subject.

Click this link to Snowest.com

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213268

As most of you know, they will close one park and then move on to the next.

There are steps to sending a comment on the site. I found this on the dootalk site and figured we should all stand together in the fight to save our trails.

Steve

honda400ex2003
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.whiteriverforestalliance.org/

Heres some info on the group trying to attack and what they plan to close. Steve

witech
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Does yellowstone have an actual trail system with rules about straying off trails or is there free riegn to drive anywhere?

honda400ex2003
03-25-2010, 07:13 PM
They have trails that go through the park and i do not believe that there is any off trail riding( I can only assume this though) The trails are most likely patrolled like all others. I am not sure on either of those though, but there are trails for sure not like free mountain riding. steve

quadrider
03-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I live close to yellowstone and yes there many miles of groomed trails. there are very few open areas in yellowstone to ride anymore, but there are a ton of open mountain areas around to ride. The problem is people like to tour around yellpwstone on sleds but there are people who don't like the noise. so there are a ton of regulation put into affect ever year, first it was a ban on 2 strokes in the park then it was a limit of 800 people a day and i think now this year there only allowing 200 people a day.
so you can see every year there making it a lower and lower number till its zero

witech
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I would be for allowing limited riding as long as they were required to stay on trails that avoided the majority of wildlife. Did the study reveal any problems with sled traffic ?

honda400ex2003
03-27-2010, 08:44 PM
TTT for sledders everywhere. steve