PDA

View Full Version : need help with wiring a Lifan 125 up to Trx90

589Outlaw
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey everyone. I installed a semi-auto Lifan 125cc kickstart into my son's 93 Honda Trx90. The engine came with new CDI and wiring harness. However, I am having a little trouble figuring out the proper connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will do my best to give you details.

From the ignition key I have a green wire and a black/white wire.

From the kill switch there is a green wire and a black/white wire.

From the coil there is a green wire and a black/yellow wire.

From the CDI there is a blue/white wire, a black/red wire, a green wire, another green wire, a black/yellow wire, and then a separate wrapped set that has a green wire and a black/white wire.

From the engine there is a blue/white wire, there is a black/red wire, a yellow wire, a green/red wire, a white wire, and a green wire.

I think that covers them all. Some of them seem to be obvious connections but the others have me scratching my head.

If it helps, there are no lights or battery to factor in. I have looked at a ton of diagrams and none of them have the right combination of things. I wish I had more experience with wiring. Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

David

589Outlaw
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I've finally got it running now. The kill switch still isn't working though. I also can't figure out where the yellow wire coming out of the engine harness is supposed to go. Any ideas?

rhinorick
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
do you have any pic's of the kick start? dont no how to get mine to clear

589Outlaw
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't at the moment but I will try to get one for you.

rhinorick
04-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 589Outlaw
I don't at the moment but I will try to get one for you.

thanks

ozborn1
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
you need a kitaco lever. look at etondaddy"s trx125 for sale page in this section. its on page 2 under " it's got to go".

volks64
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Here you go. Should be the third diagram down.

http://www.hooperimports.com/showpages.asp?pid=1013