PDA

View Full Version : XP 850 owners....

usp4u
03-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm picking up an 09 XP850 with 30mi. on it tomorrow. Anything I should know about these ? Common problems/failures ? It will only be used for light trail riding, plowing, yardwork.

predatoradam
03-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I actually just bought one this past Thursday. They are really impressive machines!!!

The two things I know about (Obviously I am new to this as well) are the crankcase vent recall and the balljoint/knuckle recall. I am not too knowledgeable on the crankcase thing, but to learn more about the front balljoint issue, go to youtube and type in "850xp balljoint". There was a machining tolerance issue between the front upper balljoints and the bores in the knuckles.

My dealer had already reparied the crankcase thing, and checked the balljoints before I purchased it. I am keeping an eye on it, as if they fail under warranty, you will get the recall work done completely free.

As I said, they are great quads! Good luck!

usp4u
03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
sounds good.
I picked it up friday, made 2 laps around the yard and put it away. Seems nice, good power for sure.

Giz400ex
04-09-2010, 05:00 AM
So far I'm really pleased with it but I haven't heard about the ball joint recall =(

Polaris 850 Man
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I just bought an 2010 850 XP EPS a two weeks ago and I took it riding for the first time and two hours later I smelled burning so I lifted up the seat and the pipe is so close to the rear plastics it melted my plastics and my seat also it was backfiring at low speeds I'm pritty sure the 09 models have that aluminum heat wrap on the under side of the plastics but the 2010's don't so now it's been in the shop waiting for new plastics and the Polaris rep is coming to look at it to see if there gonna recall the 2010 models because Im not the first I've been hearing alot about the pipe melting plastics the polaris engineer called me and all there giving me a free warn winch I'm very very happy with Polaris helping me deal with this problem there really great one of the engineers that designed the XP is the one that's helping me he gave me his cell number and all they have great custumer service the only problem is I have to wait two weeks to get it back