PDA

View Full Version : Blowing out alot of oil and busting black box

southernduner
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
i have the 523 icecube with a high compression piston and all parts are new. ive busted 2 oil reserve tanks and ima take out the box and "T" them all together. ive had test run on the engine and everything appears fine. theres no smoke and it runs flawlessly. just have a problem with blowing out alot of oil. the only thing i can think of is jus from the high compression and all the rpms and power and also added an extra oil sprayer in the enigine. any info would help.

mxpimp2000
03-25-2010, 12:13 AM
why T them together u can just run them down to the ground using stock hoses. if ur blowing that much oil just think of how it will be once u take the box off u quad will be soaked JMO

blaster12s
03-25-2010, 05:52 AM
DO NOT RUN THEM TO THE GROUND.
they have to be capped off with a filter or into a black box because they do not just blow out air and oil they suck it back in....that means dirt right into your motor

02bwraptor
03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Check out this post. http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=105445

southernduner
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah that makes sense but i keep bust the box. I thought about looking for an aluminum box but still dont understand y it blows out that much oil. Could it be from all the compression and an extra oil sprayer???

mxpimp2000
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
DO NOT RUN THEM TO THE GROUND.
they have to be capped off with a filter or into a black box because they do not just blow out air and oil they suck it back in....that means dirt right into your motor

in that case why would the dirtbikes be ran to the ground with NO filter? mine have been this way for 3years and still running strong with no problems and perfectly clean oil every oil change. put a filter on the hoses and ur gonna get the lines backed up with oil because it wont be able to escape the filter. they do not suck in they blow out. even if they sucked air as fast as the piston is moving and the air u can feel it blowing out i dont see any time that it sucks air back into the motor.

mxpimp2000
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by southernduner
Yeah that makes sense but i keep bust the box. I thought about looking for an aluminum box but still dont understand y it blows out that much oil. Could it be from all the compression and an extra oil sprayer???

run them to the ground. looks much cleaner also rather than having that big ugly T and u wont have all the hoses in ur way when u wanna work on it. over revving with cause oil blow by but as far as higher comp piston i dont think that had anything to do with it. usually when its blowing oil like that it means ur rings are worn letting air blow by the rings letting air into the crank case and that air pushes out oil. it does have to breathe and there is air that comes out 24/7 but just barley any and not enough for it to push any oil out. but when u hammer on the gas and reach rev limiter thats when the oil gets pushed out.

ive had my lines ran to the ground with no filter for 3yrs and theres plenty of ppl to back me up that do not use a small filter. to each his own but to me a filter is worth less on these hoses. as far as it sucking any air up the hoses ive never had any dirt in my motor or oil and im still on stock 06 crank and bearings.:D

southernduner
03-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Its prolly about half a quart havent really checked it but its enough for it to drip off the frame. Plus what comes out the box especially after busting it

pappadave404
03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Just curious on how much oil you have coming out for the amount of time you run it. There is only 2quarts of oil in the system and with that size motor you need all of it in thier. 2 quarts is not that much for a 450 much less that monster motor you have The t idea that daddio from yfz central has come up with is a good idea with the t slightly up ward so the oil goes back in the case these guys race and test a lot they know what works. the motor does blow and suck but the pulses is so fast as daddio has stated they have not had any problems with there system. personaly i would not feel comfortable with just running a line off the case vent with out going up to a t first then down because off crossing ditchs and going threw a lot of water crossings. have to see what the gncc guys are doing

mxpimp2000
03-25-2010, 05:36 PM
how is the box busting?

southernduner
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I guess from all the oil inside or something. Ive went through 2 and they bust at the seam where the 2 pieces connect together

mxpimp2000
03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by southernduner
I guess from all the oil inside or something. Ive went through 2 and they bust at the seam where the 2 pieces connect together

wow ive never seen or heard of them doing that. they can get clogged up but that wouldnt make them bust apart. right before stock oem my top end rings wore out i still had the black box and mine would spit oil bad and the oil would come out of the airbox and pour onto my swingarm and made a hella mess. i kept on ridin like no big deal until my topend started rattling and didnt sound right so i tore it down and the piston rings were wore so bad the piston was rattling at TDC and it wore the coating off. since then i rebuilt it and took off the black box ive been ridin it WFO and still running like a top

southernduner
03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Jus hard to believe it would be the enginge. Jus added all that stuff and has about 20 mins on it if that and theres no smoke or unusual noises and no power loss

K&K Motorsports
03-28-2010, 01:08 PM
I have had 2 Ice Cube kits and had the same issues I finally got tired of it and went back stock. I contacted Max Power several times and they said it had to be something with the install. Well I found that hard to believe.
I ended up doing away with the black box I put a t in between the valve cover and case vent and zip tied one of the little gatoraide bottles to the inside of the sub frame. After a hard race it would fill up about 1/4.

What is happening is you are building up to much carankcase pressure and it is blowing the oil out of the vents. I done a leak down and found that the cylinder was not very true about 1/3 of the wat down the stroke I had 8% leak down which is way to much. I ended up sending the cylinders out and having them replated and that solved the problems.

Another thing that can cause the problem is improper break in. Make sure not to use synthetic oil until the motor is broke in. You have to give the rings time to seat in.