PDA

View Full Version : yfz carb problem

Raptor350yamaha
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Ok so my carb isnt letting gas get to the motor for some reason. it starts right up if a little is sprayed into the motor but dies after its gone, and gas flows through the fuel lines. i cant get the float bowl off because the screws are stuck and PB Blaster didnt help any, ive tried everything i could think of. so all i could do to clean it was unscrew that little cap thing on the bottom of it and take the jets out and clean them. so lets assume the carb is clean, what else could cause this problem? or is there anything else that could cause it? thanks

XcYFZRacer
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
where are you spraying a little bit in the motor to make in run. You might check just to be sure the slide it opening like it should.

Raptor350yamaha
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
sprayed it in the intake port. the slide is working like it should. it was running a week ago just not good at all, wouldnt idle and died after a few minutes and wouldnt start back up. using same jetting i used before rebuild when it ran fine

XcYFZRacer
03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I would say pull the jets out and make sure your slow jet aint clogged.

Raptor350yamaha
03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I already had all the jets out i could and cleaned them and made sure they werent clogged

XcYFZRacer
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
pull the carb clear off. when you have it off, turn the linkage and c if gas squirts out. If it does it is not the carb, if it does not spray then open up the carb.