PDA

View Full Version : quick wireing question

bean2080
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
i was cleaning up my wireing and on the very back of the quad where the rear light and ect. runs, could someone tell me what wires need to be spliced into each other? the wire colors are black, green, brown, green with yellow stripe, green wire with silver dots, and a green wire comming out of a white plug. im about 90% positive that the black and green w/ yellow stripe, brown and the plain green one is not needed at all from what i can remember.

there was a mis understanding on what pictures could be deleted off the camera so i have no idea what goes where now. :mad:

i know some green wires need to be together and does the black need to be grounded? im not running any rear lights or anything at all, i just have it so the front light will work and the fan will run. the quad will not run now that the wires are not connected. it will start just for a split second then shut off, it also has a backfire sometimes.

i have a race this sunday and im going to a practice track later today so and help would be great.
thanks alot

06 Honda 450R
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
is there a chance you could post up a diagram of what you kept, i noticed you had an 08 450, i cut mine up but not sure if i did it right, thanks, and sorry i couldnt help you

bean2080
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
sorry but i dont have a diagram of what i kept on mine. im not positive but i think your 06 is the "newer" wiring so you will have to get a 06+ diagram. im going to be really blunt here but if you dont understand how to read diagrams i highly suggest not messing with it. sorry i cant really help ya, if i had a diagram to show ya what all i kept i would show ya but i dont have one.

as far as my problem, i got it all figured out. to make a long story short i was looking at the older diagram and thats why i was so stumped. after i got the newer diagram i had the problem fixed in no time.

06 Honda 450R
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
i know how to read diagrams, but isnt yours an 08, they would be the same

bean2080
03-25-2010, 09:05 AM
yes mine is a 08, ill see what i can do for ya. like i said i dont have a diagram to show ya but i might know someone that does. ill pm ya if i can help ya out.

06 Honda 450R
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
i can post a pic up on here if need be