PDA

View Full Version : 2006 - 250EX Damage Help

leema
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately my son wrecked hard this past weekend.

Luckily he escaped OK with just bumps and bruises and a broken helmet visor.

His ATV is a different story. Both rear wheels bent, rear axle bent and handlebars bent. Along with some other minor cosmetics. I believe the steering shaft is Ok but not sure until new handle bars are on or I get a manual that tells me how to check.

I cannot locate a Clymers or similar repair manual for 2006. Can anyone tell me if there is one?

I can still get a manual from Honda, but I have found my other ATV factory ( Kawasaki & Yamaha) manuals to be a little too technical & wordy and not enough illustrations for a novice. Does any one have first hand knowledge about the Honda one?

Lastly I am going with factory stuff for the most part due to cost. Would love a Dura Blue axle but can get all the parts for less than one of those cost and that was just checking prices at my local dealer. Are their any reccomendations for cheap online vendors for OEM Honda.

Search engine turned up a ton. Just trying to shorten the list by having someone who has had similar experience and may have been through this already. Any advice is appreciated.

hondariderdylan
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
clymer has a manual for 01-05 ex's and they are identical mechanically.

any questions feel free to ask:)

leema
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks, I thought about doing that for the rear axle and steering stuff but then figured I'd see if I could get the correct one since the 2006 & newer has the sport clutch.

Who knows I may eventually need to work on that too.

Are there any other major differences between the years?

hondariderdylan
03-24-2010, 06:29 PM
i wouldnt worry about the sportclutch.
To be honest, i give mine hell and it shifts like the day i got it.

differences:
different taillight
body obviously
little bigger diameter shocks front and rear
sportclutch

thats about it...

Kev450R
03-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Four on-line parts sources I've used and have had good luck with are:

www.bikebandit.com

www.powersedge.com

www.servicehonda.com

www.rockymountainATV.com

Good luck!

--Kevin

leema
03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Great sites, thanks for the links.

Also for anyone looking for a manual. Tradebit.com allows you to download the factory manual.

Too big to print out but great if you don't mind only printing out the pages you are working on or going back and forth to your pc.

http://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/honda+atv+manual