PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw IRS Powerslide in right turns.

stonesuperman
03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Just got my outlaw IRS and been practicing for harescrambles at my local track that is about a 1.5 mile track thats just has huge cruves in it.. i can powerslide to the left like a champ but going to the right and trying to reach the thumb throttle and trying to powerslide a quad that can hook up with traction in a moments notice is pretty complicated.. whats my options? smaller bars or a twist throttle?? just having major troubles hanging on the right side of the quad with the wheels cranked to the right and beeing able to keep a thumb on the throttle.

albertanOutlaw
03-24-2010, 06:29 PM
when i have to twist my handle bars right for a hard turn i just take my right hand and reach around the bar and pull the thumb trottle with my fingers. works really well

sleddog66
03-25-2010, 04:42 AM
More throttle, less turning angle. :D

sheriff525
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
2005 honda throttle body will work with the trx 90 thumb lever. Makes it smaller and lever is longer. YZF spring for lighter pull and then just position it better so you hit it hard. Check ebay... I think even the trx 90 throtle body will work too. You will just have to get ride of the eps

SSJEFF
03-29-2010, 12:45 AM
The YFZ mod spring replaces the one in the Carb. There is also a spring in the Honda throttle you can remove completely.

OUTLAWGNCC
04-01-2010, 03:06 AM
I have been racing GNCC and local cross country since the 1st predator came out in 2003 and then got the Outlaw in its 1st year and raced them both. I just got a 2009 Outlaw and am setting it up to race it, so you could say I have a ton of time on it. I really understand what you are saying with the bar dang near tucks under my stomach and is hard to control the throttle that way. I have used the fingers over the top way, but I didn't like to control it that way. What I did and it works for me is to losen the bolts that hold the throttle body on and roll the throttle over a touch so the actual thumb part goes clockwise just a little and try that, its what I have done and it works for me. You might have to play with it and adjust it a couple of times. If that doesn't work for you I guess you could go with the Honda throttle. I thought about doing that and then use the two wires in the throttle body for my Kill tether that is required for every race I have ever raced in. Try the adjustment way 1st before you go to the expense of a new throttle body, Big Chuck.