PDA

View Full Version : Air lid

leviathan2244
03-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Hey guys. I have an 02 440ex with 165 main jet stock slow jet and needle raised one notch stage 1 hot cam (stage 3 coming asap) and stock exhaust with the end cap spark arrestor removed and K&N air filter and thats about it but heres the problem I am having. It is cutting out and sputtering on the low side like when I am going up hill but runs good on the high side so I was just messing around one day and removed the air lid and it fixed the low speed sputter but took some high side power away. When I put it back on it brings the low speed sputter back but also the high end power is better. Im not shure what to do to start to fix this anyone have any Ideas ?????????? Thanks

farmboy1
03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
i'm not anywhere near a quad expert or anything like that. Actually still learning on stuff.
not a direct answer to your question, and I could be wrong about this, but i would guess you need to re-jet your carb richer.

mineralgrey01gt
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
check your plug, see what it looks like. What do you want to run it with? No lid or the lid? Im running no lid and have a 205 main in mine but also i have a bigger bore

leviathan2244
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
With or without it dosent matter which ever gives the best performance. I need to get a good aftermarket exhaust and the stage 3 hotcam b4 I start rejetting I guess and also I think I need a bigger slow jet it still has the stock one. I tryed to get the one it should have but my local guy and honda shop were out o9f stock.