PDA

View Full Version : You need to watch this. How we got to where we are today.

Rich250RRacer
03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Since I added a new toy to the stable recently, I started lurking around other forums, and found these videos. These shed a lot of light on our sport and how it got to where it is today. Even though these are over 20 years old now, they show what can happen to the sport we love if we are not careful in where, when, and how we use our quads, UTV's and bikes. Take the time to watch them and see how easily something can be portrayed in a negative fashion.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1I5DweHlnQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1I5DweHlnQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbptQDcLo-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbptQDcLo-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ryan243
03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
that woman's voice was awful. it is very hard to argue the case for 3wheelers in all honesty though. Those things are death traps if you dont know what you are doing

yfzrider690
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
that woman's voice was awful. it is very hard to argue the case for 3wheelers in all honesty though. Those things are death traps if you dont know what you are doing

I agree with you but anything with a motor can be a death trap if you don't know what you are doing. It's usually the dumb***** people that just hop on and think there cool that are the ones that get hurt and give our sport a bad name.

ryan243
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
yup, but you gotta admit those trikes are pretty sketchy haha..with those balloon tires and no suspension

yfzrider690
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Ya but not all of them were like that. We used to race the tri z's and the tecates. Those were fun to ride. If you know how to ride them you're not gonna get hurt, just like a quad.

Black Sheep
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ryan243

LMAO...if that was the case I should have been dead 30 years ago.

But...at 42 i'm still flyin high...
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff223/motomanimal32/100_2302205B1024x7685D.jpg

feuerstack411
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
God that was disturbing. Its amazing how ignorant and stupid people can be.

"That Honda killed my son, IT did it"
No you ignorant moron, an inanimate object did NOT kill your machine. It was your lack of educating the kid how to ride, and the the lack of responsibility. Nice beard too, bro.

:rolleyes:

Man I can't wait to ride this weekend now

Sjorge450R
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
the main guy interviewer was just not making any sence.

Recreation vehicles should never be compared to commericial vehicles (im talking about when he was talking about the airplanes)

Sjorge450R
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

Man I can't wait to ride this weekend now

me too!

xtrememxrider
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. i cant wait until i get me another 3 wheeler

slightlybent47
03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
A two wheeler “motorcycle” “IS” the most unstable motorized vehicle there is.
They won’t even stand up on there on without a kick stand!
I don't see them targeting them! Oh wait one thing at a time!

Be very careful when you start complaining about not having a place to ride, or if you ride where your not wanted or where it’s not legal.

Yes this can happen to quads as well.
Tread lightly!

ScottB125
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm at work, so I can't see the videos, but I'm guessing its the 20/20 report they did on 3-wheelers. Pure BS!

When I was in 8th grade, I got a 250R...still alive.

beastlywarrior
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
stupid stupid people

aDviSol2y
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Its kinda like, guns don't kill people, people kill people. I like how right in the beginning they made it a point to say that the 4 manufacturers were all Japanes. Hinting at the fact the Americans would never build such dangerous machines. and the japanes were to blame. lol! Wonder how many people are killed in car accidents a year? We should have banned them too! Or waite, maybe ban mcdonalds for giving people heart attacks! Dumb***** motherfing idiots any ways. I hate $h!t like that. Pisses me off! Thats why I hate the few idiots that make all of us responsible riders suffer!

PaRedneckRiders
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Im not looking to say anyones wrong here but thats stupid to try and blame the machine for peoples screw ups, if ur gona buy something for your children do a little research dont just walk up to a dealer and fully trust them
imo most crashes r caused by the rider
thet say "o well with a three wheeler u are required to lean in a turn" NO REALLY that just seems like common knowledge
ya no really that is stupid if people get hurts its more than likely because of what they were doing, not necessarily miss use juz not knowing how to use it in the first place
This gives our sport a bad rap and it dhouldnt it shoul b blamed on the people that caused there crash not the vehicle

slightlybent47
03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
The most dangerous toy people have is a trampoline in there back yard.
More kid and adults get hurt and killed jumping on them but there is no ban on them.
Oh: wait till Obama care kick’s in and anything that may cause a health problem will be banned. Get ready for it, it’s commin.

hondariderdylan
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
ATC's, while being ungodly unstable as they are. can be ridden safely if you know what your doing. They should have never been marketed to children though. The dealer was a total idiot for putting kids in danger just he could to make a buck.

Bottom line: start off slow, wear your helmet, use the machine as it was designed to be used, and dont pull anything stupid on them unless you know your abilities are up to it. If there not, you need to learn to jump off quick or learn to take pain better.

Black Sheep
03-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
They should have never been marketed to children though. The dealer was a total idiot for putting kids in danger just he could to make a buck.

This just goes to show how the media misrepresented the facts.

Honda only marketed 1 ATC for children...the ATC 70...it was around as early as 1973. I have read the C.P.S.C. reports and I don't ever recall seeing anyone killed on a ATC 70. The Kids killed were all on adult sized machines. Even before the mandatory warning labels Honda put right on the gas tank (despite what bearded guy says) warning labels specifically stated if not followed death could result.

to blame the machine or Honda for irresponsible dealers is not addressing the problem. The dealers should have been sued NOT HONDA!

Ichoptop
03-24-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm going to sue God, the Department of the Interior, the National Forest Service and the tree that had its root ball sticking out onto the trail the grabbed my front tire and made my 450r flip over and break my collar bone.....

It wasnt MY fault. It was everyone elses fault.

LAME

John Noftsinger
03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
the atc wasn,t the most stable ,but do you see gun,s/parachutes/dirtbikes /hanggliders/planes/snowboards&skis,etc with giant warning lebals on them,No you dont ,do they ban them for someone dieing cause they used one and had accident with it. no they dont ban it ! I just cant see how people think that going 50+ mph on anything is 100% safe ! what are death rates on skydivers/base jumpers ?they,re not going to stop selling chutes if its high I bet.

hondariderdylan
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
This just goes to show how the media misrepresented the facts.

Honda only marketed 1 ATC for children...the ATC 70...it was around as early as 1973.!

what i said was actually two separate thoughts. the dealer is a moron and i dont think any of them should have been marketed to kids.

dns1764
03-25-2010, 03:33 PM
was i the only one hoping that guy should have broken a leg while demonstrating how to be a dumb f***?

MX MaNiAc 06
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm sure I'm having more fun riding my quad than you are sitting there b!tching about how dangerous they are!

chucked
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
If it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun. That's why a few tracks have helicopter landing pads in them!

woodsracer144
03-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by yfzrider690
I agree with you but anything with a motor can be a death trap if you don't know what you are doing. It's usually the dumb***** people that just hop on and think there cool that are the ones that get hurt and give our sport a bad name.

death trap, if yo udont know what your doing is the main point,

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! people now days think they are the next Bubba or RC or Gust, Byrd... easy terms next pro rider when they cant ride a pedal bike. there are very few people that are born fast on quads, they normally start out on some little POS that turns them in to the rider they are now. I personally think its also the enviroment you start riding in, if its with idiots or people who are smart aboud safty.

Im starting to teach my PE teacher, whos in her mid 40's how to ride a quad fast and i have her talked in to racing a flat track this year when shes ready. She knows shes not out to win the race, she just wants to go out there and have a good time and do something she hasnt done before. Its will take time, it will take ALOT of time. but i think she will do fine.

i just wanna ***** slap every reporter that comes out with bull **** like this...

greenblood01
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
My grandpa was paralyzed on an ATC 185 in 1982, and my family never sued Honda. Nor did that keep me or my dad from riding..

hondariderdylan
03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by greenblood01
My grandpa was paralyzed on an ATC 185 in 1982, and my family never sued Honda. Nor did that keep me or my dad from riding..

people like you are smart enough to realize its not the machines fault. if only everyone realized that:rolleyes:

feuerstack411
03-30-2010, 12:41 AM
This past weekend at Walden MX, I got extremely tired, and a lot of arm pump while riding. I'm going to sue Yamaha for my discomfort.

TGW_400ex
03-30-2010, 07:27 AM
I have a streetbike, two atvs, and a Toyota....how am I still breathing?

gcart2
03-30-2010, 07:44 AM
^^^ and a toytoa :eek: f'n rebel :devil: