PDA

View Full Version : whats your input on the gpr damper vs elka and precision

florentino
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
i am ready to buy one. i have the stick stabilazer, the gpr is 100 less,

nicker71
03-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Precision everyone runs them and all I every hear is how great they are. Cant go wrong with a precision.
My brother using a elka system 5 on his kfx450 and I really like it. They havent been around as long as precision but I have heard alot of good things about them as well. GPR not sure which style your talking about the upper mount or the lower mount but in any case I would stay away from these. Spend the extra money and get the precision or elka over the GPR. Precision will hold it value better than the GPR.

Or if I were you depending on what level ridder you are I would try a CCP dampener. They cost less that $180 and I have been hearing a lot of good things about these lately. I just bought one and I very impressed with the quality. Its better than my old WER dampener. It has only one adjustment like the GPR ( I think the GPR only has one adjustment) but cost much less. The CCP are sold on ebay or you can just email him directly and save some money.

His email address customcncparts@yahoo.com

hendershot106
03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
precision......precision..... they are much better than the elkas... cant compare .....

Precision!!

400grl
03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
My husband runs a Precision, and I run a GPR - mine is awesome...I went from using the stick style to this one when I bought my YFZR - I will never go back.....

johng
04-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I had a GPR on my YFZR, Nothing but problems. The thing locked up and the vein cracked, Sent it back and they repaired it , but it happened again...I sold it on EBAY for $100 and bought a Precision...LOVE IT!

florentino
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by johng
I had a GPR on my YFZR, Nothing but problems. The thing locked up and the vein cracked, Sent it back and they repaired it , but it happened again...I sold it on EBAY for $100 and bought a Precision...LOVE IT!
i met the owner of precision out in a track in hollister hills and he said he will do $500 for the pro model out the door. thanks for the input. i am running the stick stabilazer i hope this helps more

whc
04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I have two precisions, a standard version on a honda ex400 and a pro model on a yamaha 450, the standard version on the honda works good is really easy to adjust for track conditions, the pro model on the yamaha does not work as well, it is hard to set up properly and is very senitive to small adjustments,way too sensitive, I think the pro model was a waste ot 550 bucks the standard model is ok, I have a 159 dollar stick dampner that I got from c and d that works as well as the pro model. Bill