PDA

View Full Version : sparks jetting help

rollie
03-23-2010, 09:15 PM
just looking for a base to start with? i had an HMF with the stock needle so do i need to get an HRC needle with the sparks pipe?

thanks

Baileygunns
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Did you try Sparks website (http://www.sparksracing.com/section.asp/csasp/DepartmentID.173/cs/SectionID.1400/csasp.html)?

An udjustable needle is what you want... HRC needle would be nice but I believe the jets in the kit are going to be to small for a Sparks pipe...

speedracer350X
03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I run a 165 main , 45 pilot, stock leak, HRC needle 3rd or 4th clip up from bottom. Also have an R@D fuel/air screw 1 3/4 - 2 turns out. K@N filter w/ no lid (actually use a stock lid and glued some outerwears material over 2 holes I cut in airbox lid.) Just changed my plug last week for the first time, think I'm a tad lead, so I 'm gonna put a 170 main in when I get a chance. I think I actually bought the jet kit from quad command website? HRC needle, kehien jets came in the pack for around $40 or so. Just helped a friend of mine adjust his carb on his 450er, he bought an FMF jet kit, didn't really care for the main jet set up, it's almost like you screw in a "housing" in the main jet spot in the card then you screw in "inserts" into that housing for your jet #'s, best way I can describe it without actually having a picture to show you. Like I said, I like the set up I have, came with 5 main Kehien jets, needle , and a pilot. Hope this helps!!

MR4Engine202
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
yeaa most of the kits like fmf are dyno jets and you have to use an adapter that comes with it because the jets sizes are diff from keihn...most ppl dont realize the jets sizing is different and they get there jetting way off