PDA

View Full Version : TRX250r questions, help needed

gvw
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm looking at buying an '87 TRX250r I ran across and have a few questions about the Honda TRX quads ('86-'89).

1. I remember reading somewhere that the '88 and '89 250r was quite a bit lighter and I was wondering where did Honda saved the weight.

2. The '87 I'm looking at has a CT 350 big bore kit on it and I was wondering to do this mod did it require any bottom end changes (crank etc) or is it just strictly boring the cylinder. If at some point I wanted to go back to a stock barrel would it be as simple as putting one on. (the people selling the quad don't know much about it other than it's a 350)

3. any areas to look at that has been known to be a problem: frame, suspension etc?

4. They're asking $1900 obo, it looks pretty clean other than the carb leaking a lil fuel and showing some age, it looks like the original plastic and possibly rims (the original '87 rims are silver, right)

thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Glen

LONG-ROD
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
dont think there is a big weight difference. the 350 has to have cases modified. but i would think the cases would also work with the stock cylinder. they r just milled out for the skirts on the piston to clear. I have heard many people complain they cant get there 350's to run right.