View Full Version : A few questions. Critical help please!

parsell02 400ex
03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I want my stock rims black, is there a cheaper/easier way then paying to get PC'd?
should i cut my fenders?
why doesnt my back brake have any pressure? (new pads+PB block off plate+fresh top off on fluid)
and my tail light doesnt works?

CJM
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Paint them with dupicolor wheel paint or rustoleum hammered paint.

I have cut fenders, bought it that way-I wouldnt cut them.

Rear brake probably needs to be bled if it has no pressure. pump up the pedal, hold it then open bleeder and repeat like 2-3x til you get pressure.

brake light might be out or not hooked up..

slightlybent47
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
X2
After you do the above.
Check the rear break line and see if it has any weak spots in it or a bulge somewhere.
Hold the break line in one hand and pump the break, you should feel the line tighten up but it should not stretch at all. If it does then you may need a new line.

ian0615
03-23-2010, 07:28 AM
i agree, Duplicolor makes the best wheel paint IMO. Its pretty cheap too. They also make a real good caliper paint, i used it on a race car i was building and it held up real well under alot of heat. I think it has ceramic or something in it. but Duplicolor has the best choices of color and quality is like you would get it you had id done by a pro

VTredneckgames
03-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Rear brake probably needs to be bled if it has no pressure. pump up the pedal, hold it then open bleeder and repeat like 2-3x til you get pressure.

dont forget to close the bleeder before letting off the brake.

parsell02 400ex
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
well how do i bleed the brakes? can i get some pictures please?
and the rims, what prep would i need to do?
and should i like change the brake fluid...?
im new at all of this lol, but thanks alot!

parsell02 400ex
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
bump, please answer!

bkelley
04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
I'd recommend using spray on bedliner for the rims. I used Rusotleum Hammered spray and it looks awesome, but it's chipping. Nothing major, but I think the bedliner would have help up much better.

levonskinator
04-07-2010, 06:39 AM
what about POR15? If you really roughed up the wheel I wonder if it would hold better? Maybe? It is supposed to be incredibly hard and chip resistant...

extremetrucker
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
to bleed brakes:
pump up pedal, hold pedal down, loosen bleeder, let air/fluid/bubbles escape, tighten bleeder, repeat until you have pressure.

as far as paint goes, por15 is really hard stuff, but it has absolutely no uv protection, it turns white and chalky in no time when its in the sun, i painted the frame of my dump trailer with this stuff, and even with it being protected by the box out of the sun, it still faded within 3 weeks, plus that chit is expensive. makes for a good primer/basecoat though. its purpose is more to cover and stop rust than anything.

bkelley
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I've talked with several guys who have used the spray bedliner on rims, a-arms and skid plates and love it. A lot of jeeps guys do the same on their wheel wells and other parts. I was going to use bedliner for my wheels but the guy at the autoparts store talked me into trying the Hammered paint. I will admit it looks really awesome, just not holding up as good as I would have hoped. You can't tell from a distance, but after the first ride the lip was speckled. If it gets too bad I'm just gonna spray bedliner over it. Or just get black wheels haha. Though, my friend's black ITP Bajas are pretty speckled, too.

parsell02 400ex
04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
sorry im new at this but could you post a pic of where the bleeder valve is...
and for paint, what would work 100% the BEST, without PCing it

bkelley
04-07-2010, 11:35 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IykXZN%2BiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

parsell02 400ex
04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
how much is that a can? and what about prep+how to do it?
also can i get some pictures on how to
bleed my rear brakes? and the cylinder?