PDA

View Full Version : FT/FS '03 Lonestar Hybrid

5pennys
03-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I got this quad last Aug/Sep and have ridden it only 4 times since then. The fluids were changed after every riding session. I have realized that this quad is too much for the type of riding I mostly due.

I'm mainly looking to trade for either an LTR or Honda 450 that has long travel suspension (prefer air shocks but not a must) as well as other mods. OR I will sell outright for $4000 delivered to your door.

I will deliver this quad to your door almost anywhere within reason if a trade is worked out.

Here is the rundown on the quad:
-2003 Lonestar 250R geometry frame with a chrome LSR no link +1 swingarm.
-DC4 LT chrome a-arms +2/+1
-Axis LT tripe rate fronts shocks with adjustable compression/rebound
-Axis LT no link dual rate rear shock with adjustable compression/rebound
-OMF beadlocks with razr cross fronts and holeshot sx rears.
-LSR front and rear hubs
-LSR std length anti-vibe steering stem
-LSR sprocket hub, anti-fade, and axle carrier
-PEP steering stabilizer
-Renthal bars
-AC pro peg nerfs and grab bar
-Duncan Racing front bumper
-OMF radiator shrouds
-Fullbore plastics with Quadtech hood

The motor is an '05 YFZ 450 that has a ported head, web cams, cp 13:1 piston, cnc'd gears, and a WR crank. The motor is electric start (not the kickstart motor in the below pic)

This is an older picture from when I got it from the previous owner. I can take more up to date pics if necessary, although nothing has changed on the quad.
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/5pennys/Lonestar450.jpg
Thanks for looking.

Sforza919
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
how many hours are on motor, any problems, and could i have some current pictures to sforza_9@hotmail.com

5pennys
03-23-2010, 09:12 AM
There are approximately 9 hours on the motor since the last service, which I had done not long after I got the quad. I've not had any problems with it other than having to play with the tune up on it and having the valves readjusted.

This quad is wicked fast and really is a blast to ride. It's just overkill for the type of riding I mostly do.

I'll get some pics this afternoon and get them sent to this evening.

Thanks

5pennys
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Bump.

Come on guys, I'll consider just about any offer for trades or cash.

And you don't have to drive anywhere to get this quad, I'll bring it to your door once a deal is agreed upon.

Sforza919- I'm working on getting pics that I took this evening uploaded and resized, and I'll get 'em to you asap.

Thanks

Quad18star
03-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Wish you were closer. I'd take it.

5pennys
03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Lol! I agree. If we were closer I would be more than happy to bring it to ya, but Canada is a little too far for me to drive.

Quad18star
03-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 5pennys
Lol! I agree. If we were closer I would be more than happy to bring it to ya, but Canada is a little too far for me to drive.

Oh come on ... it's only like 20 hours or something. Haha. Plus I would need some type of paperwork for the frame in order to bring it across the border.... and from every hybrid owner I've talked to thus far ... that's damn near impossible to get.

5pennys
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
That is correct. A bill of sale is pretty much all you get with the large majority of hybrids.

I looked into applying for a title for this quad and it didn't look like it would be too hard to get here in Texas.

I also had no problems at all getting it insured through State Farm. All they wanted was a VIN/Serial number (which is stamped on the frame by Lonestar) and an estimated value.

20 hours isn't too bad. Me and a buddy of mine drove almost 2500 miles in 52 hours when we picked up this quad and another one in Kentucky in one trip.

Quad18star
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
That is correct. A bill of sale is pretty much all you get with the large majority of hybrids.

I looked into applying for a title for this quad and it didn't look like it would be too hard to get here in Texas.

I also had no problems at all getting it insured through State Farm. All they wanted was a VIN/Serial number (which is stamped on the frame by Lonestar) and an estimated value.

20 hours isn't too bad. Me and a buddy of mine drove almost 2500 miles in 52 hours when we picked up this quad and another one in Kentucky in one trip.

I was just guestimating the time . LOL . I'm 4 hours north of Toronto ... so it it took you that amount of time to get to Kentuky .... hrmm ... might want to tack on another 15 hours. Haha.

Hrmm .. if it's stamped with a # that would make my life a lot easier ... since the DMV told me that's all I needed and it would be registered as a hand build. :devil:

Give me a few days , I'm going to see what it would cost for shipping.

5pennys
03-24-2010, 09:12 AM
The total round trip was from Texas to Kentucky to pick up the first quad and then from Kentucky up almost to the Ill./Mich. Border to pick up this quad. From there we headed back to Texas, and we drove the whole trip nonstop.

Yes the frame has a serial number stamped on it by LSR. That might help you get paper work for it. Let me know if you find anything out on it and your still interested.

Thanks

Quad18star
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
The total round trip was from Texas to Kentucky to pick up the first quad and then from Kentucky up almost to the Ill./Mich. Border to pick up this quad. From there we headed back to Texas, and we drove the whole trip nonstop.

Yes the frame has a serial number stamped on it by LSR. That might help you get paper work for it. Let me know if you find anything out on it and your still interested.

Thanks

You guys are nuts lol. Texas to me ... 30 hrs... one way. Do you have any other pics of the quad , if so please email them to me .. GregLarocque644@hotmail.com

Thanks.

5pennys
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Pics have been sent to Quadstar18 and Sforza919. Sorry about the delay in getting them emailed out.

Thanks

iridehonda
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM
i have a 04 honda 450r with a ceased crank want to trade lol

5pennys
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
iridehonda- Thanks for the offer, but I am looking to trade for a quad in similar condition to mine.

Quad18star
03-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

5pennys
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks Quad18star, it's a fun ride for sure. Again, too bad your not closer.

Come on guys! Surely someone is wanting a nice hybrid that rips! I'm itching to get something different and go riding.

I'll deliver this quad to your door! It doesn't get any easier than that.

Quad18star
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks Quad18star, it's a fun ride for sure. Again, too bad your not closer.

Come on guys! Surely someone is wanting a nice hybrid that rips! I'm itching to get something different and go riding.

I'll deliver this quad to your door! It doesn't get any easier than that.

LOL , You said You deliver eh? Hahaha ... well umm I live in Buffalo.:blah: jk bro.

staakej
03-31-2010, 12:48 AM
still for sale ? I have a trx

5pennys
03-31-2010, 05:56 AM
Yes, it is still for sale/trade.

Could you email me some pics and any details on what's done to your trx. I will reply to your email with some recent pics I took of mine as well.

My email is jerm5pennys@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking

Dougy_Fresh22
03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Pics to Dougy_fresh22@yahoo.com How far you is your "delivered to your door" distance? I have cash in hand!

5pennys
03-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Dougy_Fresh22- pics sent. Where in WI are you located. I had to drive almost to the IL/WI border to get this quad, so it might not be too bad to go up that way again lol.

staakej- I replied to your email with pics and a couple of the specific parts you wanted to see. Your TRX looks really good. Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys

04-01-2010, 12:32 AM
i have a 06 450r low hours +2 moose arms g force +4 axle hrc kit moose bars moose nerfs dg bumper and grab baroil changed every ride made 50.4 horse also has a new battery and i just put a one way in it 2 weeks ago you think you would be interested in that

5pennys
04-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Possibly. Could u please send some pics to jerm5penny@yahoo.com

I'll send a reply email with current pics of my quad.

Thanks

04-02-2010, 09:44 AM
email sent

jersey flip
04-03-2010, 07:16 PM
hey man i have a 05 trx with plus 3 long travel elka quad rate, lone star rear pep dual rate shock 470 motor bunch more mods id trade you even up ! just paid 4500$ 3 months ago looking for a good base to build a 2010 crf 450 fi hybrid let me know thanks

5pennys
04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks to everyone that showed interest in my hybrid and for all of the offers.

I've got a deal set to trade the hybrid for a nice trx.

Thanks again everyone.