PDA

View Full Version : Duro Sandblasters review

RCWells
03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
This afternoon I decided to pull the paddles off the 400 and put the knobs back on, and in the process discovered my NEW paddles that came in on Friday and were ridden Saturday in the sand/dirt only, had 4 damaged paddles! This after just one day of riding. I went the same places my buds went, none of them had damaged tires.

So I'm waiting to hear back from Rocky Mountain warranty to determine what happens next.

Pics of said tire:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8623/img1650large.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7592/img1652large.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6108/img1653large.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2962/img1654large.jpg

bens250ex
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
dang i was curious too know how they did....rocky mountain has top notch customer service so hopefully they will take care of it.

mineralgrey01gt
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
oh man, i hate to hear that. After I saw you with them i was considering getting a set. Ill watch this thread to see the outcome

RCWells
03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Well, it was just one of the tires, but man, that's a LOT of damage considering it was a NEW tire and has ONE ride on it. So, we'll see what happens.

EVERYBODY out there at Sand Hill btw, said get Haulers! So, I would recommend to anyone considering to go with them. They seem to be tried and true. They cost more, but you get what you pay for.

bkelley
03-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah, that's usually how life goes. But those tears are pretty ridiculous. I've have my Geckos for years and taken them over some fairly rough stuff and they are still like new. Hell, my dad has some 20 year old paddles for this 350X that are still decent. RMATV should get you set up with a replacement pretty quick. I've never had a problem with their customer service. If I rode in serious sand more often I would have me a set of Haulers already!

RCWells
03-23-2010, 09:41 AM
So RM called and are going to have these picked up by UPS and ship out a new set of tires once those get back to them.

Cool.

Also, gonna pay an extra $90 difference and UPGRADE to some 7 paddle ST Haulers!! Whoo hooo!

I must say that Rocky Mountain customer service is EXCELLENT! I will most definitely continue to do business with these guys and gals!!

bkelley
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
I didn't expect anything less from them. You'll never look back once you get those Haulers.

aDviSol2y
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
It looks like you were spinning the tires on cement. Saw a guy do that one time a destroy a brand new set of paddles.

RCWells
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah it looks pretty bad. I was only in the dirt and sand. That's why I decided to go to the haulers instead of risking another set of these.

honda400ex2003
03-23-2010, 05:50 PM
that is some carnage for one ride. good to hear that RM hooked you up and took them back. steve

atv fan 28
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by RCWells
So RM called and are going to have these picked up by UPS and ship out a new set of tires once those get back to them.

Cool.

Also, gonna pay an extra $90 difference and UPGRADE to some 7 paddle ST Haulers!! Whoo hooo!

I must say that Rocky Mountain customer service is EXCELLENT! I will most definitely continue to do business with these guys and gals!! 7 paddle Haulers? HHMMMM! sounds like what i suggested 2 weeks ago. TRUST me you will love them!!

bkelley
03-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
7 paddle Haulers? HHMMMM! sounds like what i suggested 2 weeks ago. TRUST me you will love them!! Yeah, I was the first one that suggested them. He wasn't looking to spend that much at first and now he see why they are totally worth it.

atv fan 28
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
thats exactly what i told him. You get what you pay for. you buy cheap tires, you get cheap tires. you buy good tires, you get good tires. we all make mistakes RC. you just have to learn from them. hopefully we can meet up next weekend and ride!

bens250ex
03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
RM is top notch . I live by moto sport and it took a week to get a filter that was in stock. I live literrally 5 miles from them. Motosport customer service is sucky as well .I will only deal with rockymountain now

RCWells
03-24-2010, 02:56 AM
There was one more factor in why I went with the Duros that I guess I failed to mention, that is, when I placed my order last week, I only had 3 days before ride day, and the Haulers were on backorder until the 31st of March. I was ready to RIDE! So, I did ride, and I did learn that the Duros just aren't the quality they should be, RM has excellent customer service, I am down on power, and a bunch of other things.

It's all good! :bandit: