PDA

View Full Version : ATV-Fourplay soft bars

quad59
03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
I just got two of these bars for my 50 and 70. The kids love them and I noticed that they are holding the throttle on in the chop through the backyard.They used to let off or your could here the throttle blurping from their hands bouncing off but all that is gone now. Well worth the $ my favorite mod so far.

coffing918
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree we have them on our 50 production

etondaddy
03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry not a mini.....lol. When they grow up and move on it's hard for dads to let go of the minis..... me anyway....but love the bars

Mike Kozura

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qkExXgeI0jQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qkExXgeI0jQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHns1u0TSgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHns1u0TSgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Logan #34's Dad
03-23-2010, 04:11 AM
These will be my next purchase for sure. Great product!

thequadfather+2
03-23-2010, 07:18 AM
we love ours. They have saved Jordans hands and arms several times. I noticed that his confidence went up within a week after we put them on. I can say it made him better in the whoops too. He went from rolling the whoops to jumping from one to the other kinda bouncing through them. He has never complained of his hands or arms hurting.

I have since added the anti-vibe steering stem and steering stem support from ATV Four-Play. We got the bars and stem almost a year ago and still think that was one of our best mods. JMO

redonkulousruntsracing
03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
I just got a set mounted on Seth's Apex 50 (pics on general forum at bottom of Mini quad page) and I was wondering, how much they should move when I pull down on them. I am a big guy (6-foot+, 300lbs+) and I can barely get them to flex. But I always seem to have a problem with overtightening things (go figure huh?) When I set them up for Seth, I loosened the Allen adjuster screw up until the bars dropped, the tightened until they topped out the went another 1/4 turn to snug them up. I figure that is about as soft as I can set them, maybe I shouldn't be able to move them much, I mean maybe I can move them a half inch when I yank on them.

quad59
03-24-2010, 07:51 AM
When its really cold they are alittle stiff but they will loosen up. Ours were like that when I first got them (temps below frezzing) When it got warm here or after alittle riding punishment they move alot and have alot of travel

coffing918
03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
ours flex perfectly not to tight not too loose.

quad59
03-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Mine are set to full soft and I will tighten them up as the kids get faster.

bulldogfallon
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
I will have a couple sets in the trailer at Pell City if anyone needs them...

There will be other dealers there as well so please make sure to support the ones that support you, but we have in case they didn't bring them in their trailer.

T@AFP
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Try loosing the adjuster out a few turns. Sit on the bike and push the bars up and down a few times. This will "break in" the elastomers. Once it feels soft and pliable readjust them. I think that will help.

Thanks,
Tom

Originally posted by sickairseth
I just got a set mounted on Seth's Apex 50 (pics on general forum at bottom of Mini quad page) and I was wondering, how much they should move when I pull down on them. I am a big guy (6-foot+, 300lbs+) and I can barely get them to flex. But I always seem to have a problem with overtightening things (go figure huh?) When I set them up for Seth, I loosened the Allen adjuster screw up until the bars dropped, the tightened until they topped out the went another 1/4 turn to snug them up. I figure that is about as soft as I can set them, maybe I shouldn't be able to move them much, I mean maybe I can move them a half inch when I yank on them.

don bassani
04-02-2010, 05:33 AM
"elastomers" sounds like a alien life form !!!

ToddL
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Gotta say, ours were the same thing - a little stiff over the winter when they were new. But Tom adjusted them and they were better. Now - WAY better!!! Warm weather sure made a difference for us too. Travis loves them - first time outside with them last weekend and he was really jumping well by the end of the night. He was launching one jump more than he ever did before because he said the quad "landed way softer" and it didn't hurt at all. One of the best things out there in my mind. WELL worth the money !!! Thanks Tom !!!

redonkulousruntsracing
04-09-2010, 05:31 AM
I just wanted to update, it was 80 up here in northern NY yeaterday and Seth finally got to ride his quad, for 5 minutes, still breaking in the motor. The bars were much softer, I even tightened them up a little, now they are flexing good, I guess that they dont like 15 degree weather, lol...
Hopefully will get to actually practice tomorrow, we'll see, supposed to snow tonite.