PDA

View Full Version : I changed from a 38 a/s to a 40.5 carb and I love it

albertp86
03-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I wanted to give everyone an update on my change from a 38 keihin a/s to a 40.5 esr carb. This forum has been great to me in giving me advice and some of you have chimed in before saying go with a 40.5. I am a duner first and drag race a little as well. I have an ESR 310 pv with a 3 mil stroke, v force 3, pump gas dome running 50/50 race gas.

First I have asked alot of questions and one thing that had come up is that people say I would lose throtle reponse if I went with the bigger carb. That could not be further from the truth in my case at least. I am so impressed with this new 40.5 carb and would recommend it to anyone who loves to dune and drag. I have all kinds of throttle response and a ton of top end. Now for those who are woods racers or TT I cant say that I would know how my bike responds in those situations but I bet it would do great. Again I thought that I would lose something to gain another. Wrong, I didnt lose anything and gained all kinds of top end.

So now I might have a brand new 38 a/s for sale. I have not decided what I want to do with it. Just my .02 cents.

vroomy
03-22-2010, 03:43 PM
how much you chasing for the 38mm?

albertp86
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Im not "I have not decided what I want to do with it".