PDA

View Full Version : Top end bog

Yuk33
03-22-2010, 05:06 AM
we are running a Cobra shifter with an 24mm OKO power jet carb, motor is very strong on bottom to mid range. At top end motor bogs until you let of the gas and throttle it again. Enlarged the power jet but it gets worse, (went back to orig jet). Do I need to lean out the main jet ? 145 right now.
Thanks for any help.

Logan #34's Dad
03-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Sounds like it you could running out of gas. Maybe the float needs adjusted. Also, the OKO is known to have some issues, try a Keinin(sp.). Very well could be running lean too. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

greenmachine70
03-22-2010, 07:12 AM
run it wide open as possible and pull the kill switch.
Check the plug and let us know the color. Sounds like float level is off or needs more fuel on top(bigger main).
Is the carb bored out?

dblacks
03-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by greenmachine70
run it wide open as possible and pull the kill switch.
Check the plug and let us know the color. Sounds like float level is off or needs more fuel on top(bigger main).
Is the carb bored out?

ditto

THARNESS
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Call your local kawasaki dealer and order a stock carb for a kx65. It's a 24mm mikuni. Take it out of the box, bolt it on and run it. Stock jetting should be spot on. Thats the only way I could ever get our Cobra shifter to run right.

Ryko racing
03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
First, get rid of the intake boot and use a thick rubber hose of the same length and size.

second , if you cant come up with a kx carb use a stock 70 shifter carb.( i think 26 mm mikuni round slide)
( clip 2nd from top, 195 main, 50 pilot will get you close)

But trust me on the boot, they leak and lean out your fuel delivery on top end. ( if this problem just started this should work)

Hey Tom, i hope all is well and we will see you soon in BAMA.( God willing of course)

Yuk33
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the help.
Adjusted float, needle jet, main jet, changed to 5 different plugs (wet to black no coffee color). The carb was polished inside. DRR's site says to drill out two holes on this carb.
So, I went back to a 28mm PWK Keihin for now. Looking to run some TT is why I switched.
Will get a radiator hose hook up for sure.
Thanks again.